1. Standard memberLahaina
    Cruel sun
    20°53' N, 156°40' W
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 13:49
    When I look back in my old games, I have my ACTUAL score in front of my name. It should be a good idea to have the score I had when the game was created, sealed forever. So visitors can appreciate in a better way the game by having a correct score's scale between the opponents... If the score is always moving, it is difficult to check the progress a player had done. I understand that the score has to move, but could'nt we have a sealed score for the game nr XXX and an actual score in the profile page? I hope I have expressed correctly my idea (english isn't my mothertongue), and I'm sure there are some people here who agree with what I'm saying... Are you one of them? 😵
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 13:59
    Originally posted by Lahaina
    , but could'nt we have a sealed score for the game nr XXX and an actual score in the profile page?
    What are you talking about?

In the rating graph you ALREADY have the rating you had when you finished a certain game.
  3. Standard memberLahaina
    Cruel sun
    20°53' N, 156°40' W
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 14:04
    I don't talk about the graph. I talk about the public games everybody can visit. If you look back in time to a game, you will have the ACTUAL scores of the opponents, and not the scores they had at the beginning of the game. It's difficult to find back this specific game in the graph: when you have played more than 300 games, how can I know your score before? By looking on a public game your score when you start a game... I thought it was clear... 🙂
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 14:20
    Originally posted by Lahaina
    I don't talk about the graph. I talk about the public games everybody can visit. If you look back in time to a game, you will have the ACTUAL scores of the opponents, and not the scores they had at the beginning of the game. It's difficult to find back this specific game in the graph: when you have played more than 300 games, how can I know your score before? By looking on a public game your score when you start a game... I thought it was clear... 🙂
    Yeah,sure,but what's the utility or the purpose of such request ?

(other than increasing uselessly the site bandwith)
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 14:58
    I agree with Ravello. I've also posted this suggestion elsewhere. If you look back at some of my games, it looks like I was whupping up on players 400 or more points my junior, when at the time of the game, our ratings were comparable. Should be easy enough to store player ratings at time of game closure. (I say that not having had a look at the RHP code. ;-) )

6. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:00
    Similarly, the timeout clock keeps running after a game is ended. Check the "info" link on some of your old games and some of the more-recently completed ones.
  7. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 14:40
    Originally posted by CrawlIce
    I agree with Ravello.

snippage ...

I goofed. Lahaina started this thread.
  8. Standard memberLahaina
    Cruel sun
    20°53' N, 156°40' W
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 09:59
    I'm still waiting for an answer. It's fun to read you guys, but it's just a chat, not an answer! Have you ever try to find a specific game in you green ELOfield? Good luck if you got more of 300 games played!
    Let's go on on this thread, thanx!
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 11:02
    What is it that you're actually trying to do? Have you tried looking at the "My Performance" page, this lists all your games against each player.
  10. Standard memberLahaina
    Cruel sun
    20°53' N, 156°40' W
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 11:48
    OK, I repeat what my dream consists on:

I would have the possibility to have the score of my opponent at the begining of a past game, and not the actual.

An exemple: we had a first game on January. Your score was 1300 and mine only 1000. I lose. The scores move to approx 1304 for you and 995 for me.
    Then we have a second game in February with the actualized score. This time, I win. So the score moves to 1276 for you and 1022 for me.
    After a lot of games, today, your score is 1105 and mine 1035.

What I want to have when I (or even anybody) open(s) a public game is the score 1300/1000 for the game of January, and not 1105/1035! And 1304/995 for the game of February etc...

Is my dream's description clear enough for everybody?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree