1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 19:24
    There should be a system where if a person tries to create a second account, there should be an error message saying they can't and stopping that account from being created.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 19:28
    What a super idea. Why didn't anyone think of that before?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 20:02
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What a super idea. Why didn't anyone think of that before?
    Now all we need is the DNA testing software, and we're GOLD!

P-
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 20:54
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Now all we need is the DNA testing software, and we're GOLD!

P-
    lol
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 20:553 edits
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    There should be a system where if a person tries to create a second account, there should be an error message saying they can't and stopping that account from being created.
    I need recommendations for the first posted I made!!! 😀
  6. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 22:00
    What about if people should try to use Fritz or another chess programme a message comes up.......

"Should you be doing this, you naughty boy?"

😛
  7. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 01:26
    Originally posted by rmacken
    What about if people should try to use Fritz or another chess programme a message comes up.......

"Should you be doing this, you naughty boy?"

😛
    this is just for RHP wise guy 😛
  8. Joined
    18 Jun '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 03:17
    How would that stop a user from creating a 2nd account if they're using 2 different emails?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 06:21
    Originally posted by merman
    How would that stop a user from creating a 2nd account if they're using 2 different emails?
    Is it even possible to use the same email for two different accounts?
    I thought that two different email accounts for two different user names was necessary?
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 08:26
    It's easy to get a free email from any number of places, then get it to forward any inbound messages to your real email address - so only a real dumb cheater would use the same email address for two accounts. 😠
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 08:36
    Me and my collegue at work uses the same firewall and thus the same IP-adress. If we are both members of RHP how can anyone say for sure that our accounts is as not the same user?

It's easy to suspect IranIsTruth and IranIsCool to be the same individuals, the become members nearly the same time and ... oh, their names are almost the same.

It doesn't take much cleverness to create two accounts and never get caught...
  12. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 12:332 edits
    If that's the case, they'd get away with it. I don't think anyone could do that. 🙁
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 12:58
    If that's the case, they'd get away with it. I don't think anyone could do that. 🙁
    Oh, they can do that... no problems. Some people with nothing better to do have made hundreds of names here.

P-
  14. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 16:17
    I have 14 e-mail addresses.

8 for work (4 for companies I work with and 4 for my own company) and 3 private ones (one for general use, one for family and friends, and one for girlfriends). I also have 3 aliases. In theory (and even in practice) I could set up 13 more accounts, or even more by setting up a couple of dozen hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc. accounts...

For some people, that would be an OK thing to do. For me, it just isn't. I come here for chess, and to try to play as good as I can. I play, make mistakes, win and lose, learn, make friends, have my own moderately successful clan, and try to be a valuable member of this society.

Some people just join to waste time, or because they've got nothing better to do. They want to try and buck the system, and prove themselves better than everyone else. They're the ones with multiple accounts, the ones who post stupid things in forums, and annoy everyone else. They also cause the most harm to other players, and the site itself.

I would like permission, Russ and Chris, and all you other bigwigs, to shoot these m*&%$£"?!s on sight. Stomp on them from a great height. Rid the world of them. I'm even considering setting up my own religion so that I can justify my actions...

Nuff said, I've got 3 games waiting...
  15. London
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 02:02
    http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/Freddie2004/?action=view&current=1184969797166.jpg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree