Strict Touch Rule Chess at RHP

Strict Touch Rule Chess at RHP

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by thaughbaer
In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.
I'll just sac my queen on the first move... nobody will have a conditional move set for that.

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible.
That idea completely misses the point of the difference between OTB and CC chess. We're CC, and I would not like to see this site go much closer to OTB. You have the ICS for that.

Richard

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
That idea completely misses the point of the difference between OTB and CC chess. We're CC, and I would not like to see this site go much closer to OTB. You have the ICS for that.

Richard
I'm pretty sure this is a good idea, Shallow Blue. Read through the thread and you'll see a LOT of great ideas being bounced around.

P-

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
19 Oct 11
4 edits

Well the alternative is that we move closer to CC. Please make your move and courier me your laptop.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Oct 11

Well the alternative is that we move closer to CC. Please make your move and courier me your laptop.
I want RHP to switch to smoke signals. STAT!~

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
19 Oct 11

I want RHP to switch to smoke signals. STAT!~
Now we're getting somewhere. This would allow you to make the same move in all your games at once.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 Oct 11

Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

P-
Unless you say j'adoube.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Oct 11

Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

P-
I touched the 'thumbs up' button, so I had to click it.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Unless you say j'adoube.
It's easier and cheaper when you factor in the cost of adult education to have the hook replacement done than it is to learn a whole new language. I'm also not sure you should be taking part in a thread that has anything whatsoever to do with the French. Look where it got you last time.

Moves
20 Oct 11

No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB.
So you agree you're still 'touching' the pieces.

BTW remind me never to play you OTB 😛

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
So you agree you're still 'touching' the pieces.

BTW remind me never to play you OTB 😛
It's a "touch" but it's not against the rules when you use a stick. If you dip the stick in dog poo it also puts your oppenent off taking your piece once touched by the stick. Never play me OTB.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Oct 11

To draw this thread to it's logical conclusion we should advocate "think and move". The first move you think of is the one you must play. This would also put an end to engine abuse since the engine would have to play the first move it examined.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 Oct 11

It's easier and cheaper when you factor in the cost of adult education to have the hook replacement done than it is to learn a whole new language. I'm also not sure you should be taking part in a thread that has anything whatsoever to do with the French. Look where it got you last time.
Il est allé tout à fait bien je pensent

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Oct 11

i think that if you touch the piece with your mind that's the same as moving it.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by coquette
i think that if you touch the piece with your mind that's the same as moving it.
RHP isn't willing to admit they have mind reading devices... so mouse-hover would have to count as a touch.