1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 20:27
    Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

P-
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 20:59
    Unless they put it up their nose, ass or any other hole they might have. That's the game forfeited.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 11:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

P-
    you are talking about Blitz, right?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 13:39

P-
    You'd have to disable the analyze board option as players can try out their move using it without "touching" the piece.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 19:29
    Originally posted by venda
    You'd have to disable the analyze board option as players can try out their move using it without "touching" the piece.
    This is coming together very well.
  6. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 20:14
    In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 20:48
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.
    Perfect! If you're not good enough at chess to know what your opponent is going to do you don't deserve a win.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 21:41

P-
    Just get out your own chess board. So what is the use of this?
  9. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 22:181 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    This is a good point. In internet based chess you can't really touch the piece without causing considerable screen damage. More appropriate would be "look and move".
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 02:18
    This is a good point. In internet based chess you can't really touch the piece without causing considerable screen damage. More appropriate would be "look and move".
    Touch screens.
  11. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 10:32
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Touch screens.
    Exactly. The piece is behind the screen. Without pushing your finger through the outer membrane you can't actually touch the piece.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 10:42
    Exactly. The piece is behind the screen. Without pushing your finger through the outer membrane you can't actually touch the piece.
    If you touch the screen to move the pieces are you not in effect touching the pieces?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 13:59

I don't know RBHILL. You made the statement. What IS the use of me getting out my own board?

Please let me know, because I see no value or solution by getting my own board out while trying to improve RHP for EVERYONE with a no touch rule.

Keep me posted.
  14. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 14:06
    Originally posted by Trev33
    If you touch the screen to move the pieces are you not in effect touching the pieces?
    No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB. You can move pieces or beat your opponent with a stick OTB without fear of being forced to move that piece.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 16:05
    No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB. You can move pieces or beat your opponent with a stick OTB without fear of being forced to move that piece.
    Some of the greatest chess players have had their hand surgically removed and replaced with a hook just to beat the system.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree