Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    17 Oct '11 20:27
    Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

    P-
  2. 17 Oct '11 20:59
    Unless they put it up their nose, ass or any other hole they might have. That's the game forfeited.
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    18 Oct '11 11:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

    P-
    you are talking about Blitz, right?
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    18 Oct '11 13:39
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

    P-
    You'd have to disable the analyze board option as players can try out their move using it without "touching" the piece.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    18 Oct '11 19:29
    Originally posted by venda
    You'd have to disable the analyze board option as players can try out their move using it without "touching" the piece.
    This is coming together very well.
  6. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    18 Oct '11 20:14
    In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    18 Oct '11 20:48
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.
    Perfect! If you're not good enough at chess to know what your opponent is going to do you don't deserve a win.
  8. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    18 Oct '11 21:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

    P-
    Just get out your own chess board. So what is the use of this?
  9. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    18 Oct '11 22:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Just get out your own chess board. So what is the use of this?
    This is a good point. In internet based chess you can't really touch the piece without causing considerable screen damage. More appropriate would be "look and move".
  10. 19 Oct '11 02:18
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    This is a good point. In internet based chess you can't really touch the piece without causing considerable screen damage. More appropriate would be "look and move".
    Touch screens.
  11. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    19 Oct '11 10:32
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Touch screens.
    Exactly. The piece is behind the screen. Without pushing your finger through the outer membrane you can't actually touch the piece.
  12. 19 Oct '11 10:42
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Exactly. The piece is behind the screen. Without pushing your finger through the outer membrane you can't actually touch the piece.
    If you touch the screen to move the pieces are you not in effect touching the pieces?
  13. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    19 Oct '11 13:59
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Just get out your own chess board. So what is the use of this?
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Just get out your own chess board. So what is the use of this?

    I don't know RBHILL. You made the statement. What IS the use of me getting out my own board?

    Please let me know, because I see no value or solution by getting my own board out while trying to improve RHP for EVERYONE with a no touch rule.

    Keep me posted.
  14. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    19 Oct '11 14:06
    Originally posted by Trev33
    If you touch the screen to move the pieces are you not in effect touching the pieces?
    No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB. You can move pieces or beat your opponent with a stick OTB without fear of being forced to move that piece.
  15. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    19 Oct '11 16:05
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB. You can move pieces or beat your opponent with a stick OTB without fear of being forced to move that piece.
    Some of the greatest chess players have had their hand surgically removed and replaced with a hook just to beat the system.

    P-