Subscription activation

Subscription activation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
04 Dec 12

Five of the 10 most recently-started threads in the Help Forum are people who have paid (or repaid) their subscription and haven't yet received acknowledgement.

Putting aside the fact that people apparently can't see all the existing threads, it's left to the same few regulars to restate the "send feedback" routine.

Please could we have the subscription routine fixed up so that they are (1) given a time, say 3 working days, clearly stated on the page where you fill in the payment details (2) told how to contact admin if it doesn't happen (3) actually activated within the time stated?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Five of the 10 most recently-started threads in the Help Forum are people who have paid (or repaid) their subscription and haven't yet received acknowledgement.

Putting aside the fact that people apparently can't see all the existing threads, it's left to the same few regulars to restate the "send feedback" routine.

Please could we have the subscription ...[text shortened]... d how to contact admin if it doesn't happen (3) actually activated within the time stated?
The process is automated, but if the user fails to complete the process to the very end (and exits after payment), the order will not be assigned to the account.

This does need to be improved, of course, and most get picked up in feedback when this happens.

The sudden spike of issues was caused by a recent subs audit and the subsequent renewals that took place.

Australia

Moves
04 Dec 12

Thanks Russ. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Dec 12

Just about time for my Special yearly suggestion.

Stay Tuned!!!

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
29 Dec 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty

Stay Tuned!!!
I'm sure that Russ will agree when I say that you can stick your suggestion up your bum. FACT!

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
29 Dec 12

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
29 Dec 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty

Stay Tuned!!!
Perhaps this 'Special Yearly Suggestion' is more suited, and more importantly they'd be alongside my own 'worthy' suggestions, in the 'S(h)ite Ideas for New Year' thread !

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 13
4 edits

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I'm sure that Russ will agree when I say that you can stick your suggestion up your bum. FACT!
I'm sure Russ would agree when I say, he'd rather have all you non-sub-scum become paying subscribers! FACT 😛

It doesn't pay to throw rocks when you live in a glass house, silly!

I don't think any non-subs should be able to post in the forums. It would really keep out the riff-raff! Other sites don't let non-subs post in the forum (s)!

Consider yourself fortunate so far! 😉

Australia

Moves
01 Jan 13

Judging by the content of these forums, most of the riff-raff have paid to be here ...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Judging by the content of these forums, most of the riff-raff have paid to be here ...
Are you now adding your self the to list of riff raff here?

Moves
13 Jan 13

Originally posted by Russ
The process is automated, but if the user fails to complete the process to the very end (and exits after payment), the order will not be assigned to the account.
Hi Russ,
Just at that final step "Finalise your order", I get a security message:
(paraphrased) Although the page is encrypted, the info you have entered is to be sent over
an unencrypted connection.
Are you sure?

In short, I'm not surprised that users do not complete the process.
Cheers,
Gezza