1. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 22:26
    After reading forums etc, I would like to know a couple of things please;

Firstly who actually makes the final decision regarding RHP in general? I ask this as I'm baffled by the term moderators, as in my humble opinion no one actually seems to be taking control, communication is sparse to say the least from someone up top us minions at the bottom. So a site idea is this, have a forum for the people who take subscriptions to feedback to us, the payers, why threads are removed, the composition of the team behind RHP, and just general discussion and make things more interactive.

Regarding subscriptions, what does that money actually pay for please?

In anticipation as always,

Willy......
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 08:27
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot

Firstly who actually makes the final decision regarding RHP in general? I ask this as I'm baffled by the term moderators, as in my humble opinion no one actually seems to be taking control, communication is sparse to say the least from someone up top us minions at the bottom. So ...[text shortened]... ions, what does that money actually pay for please?

Willy......
    I imagine your subscription goes towards the development and maintenance of the site, to ensure its existence and competitiveness. As a chess site, i don't think priority should be given to policing the forums,as we are all grown ups and under no compulsion to use them. Self moderation should be the order of the day, with moderation only occurring in extreme cases. I also don't think it unreasonable that mods should be anonymous or that they should be transparent to the general masses in the actions they take. A problem arises, they deal with it. End of story.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 05:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I imagine your subscription goes towards the development and maintenance of the site, to ensure its existence and competitiveness. As a chess site, i don't think priority should be given to policing the forums,as we are all grown ups and under no compulsion to use them. Self moderation should be the order of the day, with moderation only occurring in ...[text shortened]... the general masses in the actions they take. A problem arises, they deal with it. End of story.
    Finally, an adult opinion. Thank you.
  4. Here
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 06:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Finally, an adult opinion. Thank you.
    Shame there seems to be few adults on this site
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 06:50
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot

Firstly who actually makes the final decision regarding RHP in general? I ask this as I'm baffled by the term moderators, as in my humble opinion no one actually seems to be taking control, communication is sparse to say the least from someone up top us minions at the bottom. So ...[text shortened]... ions, what does that money actually pay for please?

Willy......
    Regarding subscriptions, what does that money actually pay for please?

It pays for you to have the benefits you get for being a subsrciber.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree