1. Joined
    03 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 19:57
    I'd like to suggest to implement a feature that when looking at completed games one can see eatch players rating at the time the game was completed.

My point is that when you look at game that was completed a year, or more, ago and both players ratings have changed (, maybe one of the players has gotten a higher rating, and let's say the other has lost the last 50 consecutive games due to timeouts wins making his rating drop significantly). Now comparing their current rating to the way they played, and to the result of the completed game doesn't make much sense. At least not to me. 🙂

Instead being able to see what rating they had at that time would be more interesting and I think it would be more logical to include this information, don't you agree?

As far as I'm concerned one could still display the current rating next to old rating.
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:02
    Originally posted by tomjuan
    I'd like to suggest to implement a feature that when looking at completed games one can see eatch players rating at the time the game was completed.

My point is that when you look at game that was completed a year, or more, ago and both players ratings have changed (, maybe one of the players has gotten a higher rating, and let's say the other has lost th ...[text shortened]... ?

As far as I'm concerned one could still display the current rating next to old rating.
    This information is available (you just have to dig a bit).

Find the game you're interested in and note both the game ID and the date of completion (from the board page look at the Game Info link - just to the right of the board).
    Visit the profile page of one of the players and then search through their graph for the date - as you move your mouse over their graph the information above the graph shows game id, game finish date and the ratings of both players at the time of the game.

The ratings shown against the highlighted graph game are the players ratings at the time of the game completion, prior to adjustment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree