1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 20:531 edit
    Wouldn't it be hysterical if smileys were chosen randomly? I mean, not a smiling face instead of an angry face. But, several different options for the same "kind" of face.

So, for instance, when writing your post, you choose a positive face. Just that. And then when the post is displayed, it can smile, kiss, pout its lips or whatever. That could be most entertaining. 🙂

Also, I think there are too few expressions available. Sometimes, I'd like to show that I'm irritated but not down right angry. Where's the smiley? Sleeping? (I mean, not sleeping, but should I use the sleeping smiley?) (That is, the smiley that looks like it's... 'cause, obviously it can't...)

Oh well. Is it terribly hard to add smileys to the forums? Would anyone else like to see more smileys? Random ones?
  2. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 21:12
    I too would like to see a larger sellection of smilies.

I am a member of www.muscletalk.co.uk which has a massive selection of smilies when you post on the forum. You have to be a member to post so you wont nessesarily be able to see them (registration is free is you want to see). The smilies are site specific but you could impliment some to this site.

😉
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 21:38
    Great Idea! I would like to see a smily smoking a bong so everyone would know how I really feel about this issue. And my eyes could be bugging out all red like. And then a horse could gallop across the screen so I could say wow man far out. Then a cobra could suddenly appear and bite you in the face and make your smily's swell up and explode. Then it could all go away.🙄😲
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 10:47
    Originally posted by rmacken
    I too would like to see a larger sellection of smilies.

I am a member of www.muscletalk.co.uk which has a massive selection of smilies when you post on the forum. You have to be a member to post so you wont nessesarily be able to see them (registration is free is you want to see). The smilies are site specific but you could impliment some to this site.

😉
    The smileys I saw weren't very site-specific. But, ok, you like the idea. More smileys! More smileys! More smileys? More... Smileys?.. Anyone else?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 11:07
    Originally posted by stocken
    The smileys I saw weren't very site-specific. But, ok, you like the idea. More smileys! More smileys! More smileys? More... Smileys?.. Anyone else?
    Yes, more smilies would be nice. This has come up a few times, and several smilies have been suggested (for example a puking smiley, and I would like to have a smiley which is looking sideways 😉). Your idea of random smilies is new, though (as far as I know). I can see the fun in it, but I prefer to choose the smilies myself. I don't want to end up accidentally kissing someone. 😲 😉

Anyway, while I would like to see some more smilies, there are other things I deem a lot more important. For example, I would even give up some smilies to get rid of the unintended smilies you get with certain combinations of punctuation marks (for example " and ) ).
  6. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 11:52
    Why not insert random similies instead?

E.g. Ivanhoe posts on No1 accusing him of an ad hominem fallacy, and the computer randomly inserts:

"Your posts are as refreshing as a cool morning breeze."

Could be fun.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 11:591 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Why not insert random similies instead?

E.g. Ivanhoe posts on No1 accusing him of an ad hominem fallacy, and the computer randomly inserts:

"Your posts are as refreshing as a cool morning breeze."

Could be fun.
    I guess you mean similes? Nice one. Many threads sound as if this were already implemented.
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 12:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I guess you mean similes? Nice one. Many threads sound as if this were already implemented.
    Ooops. Your correction is like a dagger to my heart.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 12:14
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Ooops. Your correction is like a dagger to my heart.
    Ooops. I didn't mean to kill you. I'll have to be more careful with my dagger.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 12:402 edits
    Yes, more smilies would be nice. This has come up a few times, and several smilies have been suggested (for example a puking smiley, and I would like to have a smiley which is looking sideways 😉). Your idea of random smilies is new, though (as far as I know). I can see the fun in it, but I prefer to choose the smilies myself. I don't want to end up accident ...[text shortened]... ntended smilies you get with certain combinations of punctuation marks (for example " and ) ).
    Yes, that is annoying. A " followed by a ) renders "😉. I've ended up flirting with quite a few. I guess that's a very good reason not to have random smileys.

I guess what I really would like is more nuances in smileys. The ability to express myself more through them.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 12:47
    Yes, that is annoying. A " followed by a ) renders "😉. I've ended up flirting with quite a few.
    Flirting?? I use it as an irony / "just kidding" alert, or just to express amusement. If you thought I were flirting with you, I have to disappoint you. 😉
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 12:56
    Flirting?? I use it as an irony / "just kidding" alert, or just to express amusement. If you thought I were flirting with you, I have to disappoint you. 😉
    😵

No, I take it in context with the text written, so... Unless you say something like: "You big strong honky, you... 😉", I won't consider it flirting.

But, it is a flirting sign to blink an eye. Isn't it? Or is that a cultural thing? I use this smiley to show I'm kidding 😵. And when I'm laughing. And when I'm not laughing, but not really smiling either, but somewhere in between.

Well, it's settled then. We really need more smileys.
  13. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 12:57
    Nordlys and stocken sitting inna tree..
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 13:02
    Originally posted by Chakan
    Nordlys and stocken sitting inna tree..
    And Chakan in the middle, making us three... 😵
  15. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 13:072 edits
    And Chakan in the middle, making us three... 😵
    Yay!

Wait you male or female? if male can Nordlys be in the middle?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree