talking adds

talking adds

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Jul 12

i don't mind adds, rhp has got to make a living and keep the site functioning. adds are okay. adds with flashy components are annoying. adds that redirect you to another webpage are really annoying but adds that talk or ones that have an audible component... now that's got to stop.

st johnstone

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i don't mind adds, rhp has got to make a living and keep the site functioning. adds are okay. adds with flashy components are annoying. adds that redirect you to another webpage are really annoying but adds that talk or ones that have an audible component... now that's got to stop.
get a sub, no more ads. 😀

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Jul 12

There should not be any talking ads.

If you have this problem, please view the source of the page. Search for "/iframe"/, and report the text between quotes immediately to the left.

It will read like ""/ads/xxxxxxx_728x90.html""

If you can let us know this, and a general description of the ad, we will try to remove it.

Thanks.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by Russ
There should not be any talking ads.

If you have this problem, please view the source of the page. Search for "/iframe"/, and report the text between quotes immediately to the left.

It will read like ""/ads/xxxxxxx_728x90.html""

If you can let us know this, and a general description of the ad, we will try to remove it.

Thanks.
it's an add that says audibly "congratulations, you've won" and has written on it something like "this is no joke, you're the 10000 visitor..."

next time it come up, i'll try to get the code.

Moves
07 Jul 12

it's an add that says audibly "congratulations, you've won" and has written on it something like "this is no joke, you're the 10000 visitor..."

next time it come up, i'll try to get the code.
You mean the one with the rotating (and varying) border? Yeah, I've seen that one, too. Doesn't talk to me, but that may be my settings (or the age of my browser!). Its contents are rather suspect, as well; it looks rather like a Readers' Digest type semi-scam.

Richard

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Jul 12

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
You mean the one with the rotating (and varying) border? Yeah, I've seen that one, too. Doesn't talk to me, but that may be my settings (or the age of my browser!). Its contents are rather suspect, as well; it looks rather like a Readers' Digest type semi-scam.

Richard
caught the bugger. this one has a flashing blue border.

<iframe width="160px" height="600px" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="/ads/fastclick_160x600.html"></iframe>

there is a yellow smiley face. it has written on it "congratulations this is not a joke, you are the 100,000th visitor. click here," and of course the fine text "*details apply" on the bottom.

sometimes it appears at the top. this time it was the right hand side bar.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Jul 12
1 edit

and if it will help, this one was a top ad. looks like fastclick again.

<iframe width="728px" height="90px" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="/ads/fastclick_728x90.html"></iframe>

hehe. looks like the rep from fastclick has come through here.