1. Joined
    28 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 03:38
    So, I just lost a game today due to errant clicking (clicked a square, but it must have been on the edge of two squares, (moved to the wrong square) and shifted my eyes to the 'Move' button, clicked, then looked back at the board) and I was wondering if the option has ever been put forth to allow text input of moves, i.e. Qd5, as opposed to Qxc5 (Game 1800990), which was the errant move.

Another method could be a 'toggle' option for move confirmation, that way quick clickers like me will at least get a second chance to make the same mistake 🙂

Jon
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:57
    I did the same a couple of times - now when I click the move button I don't let go with the mouse until I have a swift look to confirm. [this was a tip I read from someone in the forums here]
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 19:19
    I have lost more than one game by an errant clicking in the "Submit Move". And then desperately try to close the window just to see if my stupidity does not reach the server... unsuccessfully.
    Maybe a short delay after pressing the "Submit Move" while you can still cancel it, or a "Are you sure?" extra click. The feature may be optional, to not irritate with unnecessary waitings to people that doesn't feel they need it.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 19:39
    Originally posted by Estebandido
    I have lost more than one game by an errant clicking in the "Submit Move". And then desperately try to close the window just to see if my stupidity does not reach the server... unsuccessfully.
    Maybe a short delay after pressing the "Submit Move" while you can still cancel it, or a "Are you sure?" extra click. The feature may be optional, to not irritate with unnecessary waitings to people that doesn't feel they need it.
    you click once to pick the piece you want to move, second to pick the position you want to move to, and third to confirm the move.

maybe just taking your time and not blaming your bad play on the game would be better, hmm?
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 21:19
    I agree, simply assure that you're playing the right move and don't bother with such useless ideas.

Three clicks are even much, just think about sites that have the drag and drop option.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree