1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:56
    Sometimes the text shortens to exlude a "[/]"

This makes your reply automatically show up as the last [b or i] used.

I suggest either making the text shorten code refrain from deleting any []s or [/]s OR for any of these in a quoted post not to have any effect on the new post.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:08
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Sometimes the text shortens to exlude a "[/]"

This makes your reply automatically show up as the last [b or i] used.

I suggest either making the text shorten code refrain from deleting any []s or [/]s OR for any of these in a quoted post not to have any effect on the new post.
    A better fix would be, if shortening text, to exclude both the [] and the corresponding [/], or neither.
    But that assumes that the post was correct in the first place. You can mess up a post by putting random, unpaired [] or [/]s in (like this[/i]) and that causes the ideal algorithm to fail. Then again, one could argue that such a post was broken to begin with, and if the quote is also broken, that's not the code's fault but the poster's.

Richard
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 22:20
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    A better fix would be, if shortening text, to exclude both the [] and the corresponding [/], or neither.
    But that assumes that the post was correct in the first place. You can mess up a post by putting random, unpaired [] or [/]s in (like [b]this
    [/i]) and that causes the ideal algorithm to fail. Then again, one could argue that such a post was brok ...[text shortened]... th, and if the quote is also broken, that's not the code's fault but the poster's.

Richard[/b]
    Then go with my second suggestion.

Make it so that code from a quoted post doesn't effect the new post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree