lulz
    same old same old 😛
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 10:16
    Seriously though, interesting question.

Apparently, the non-cosmetic part of the site redesign was improving some of the back end code so more functionality could be added. We may very well be seeing some more changes.

Spill the beans, Russ!
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 15:261 edit
    It exists as a whiteboard and as a text file.

The whiteboard has half its items crossed out, but the text file has a huge list which grows, and never appears to shrink...and I don't get the satisfaction of striking items out.

It exist to remind me what needs to be done, but doesn't dictate what comes next.

I do retain links to relevant forum threads though so I can research posted ideas and then comment if things get released/changed.

There is no point in publishing it and assigning estimated dates of delivery, as I (and you know) that the dates will be of little value. Things change in priority all the time, based on all kinds of factors.
  6. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:14
    Sounds like an electronic To-Do list with some sort of satisfying strike-out animation for completed items is in order. Please put that on the list.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:40
    Originally posted by Russ

The whiteboard has half its items crossed out, but the text file has a huge list which grows, and never appears to shrink...and I don't get the satisfaction of striking items out.

It exist to remind me what needs to be done, but doesn't dictate what comes next.

I do retain links to relevant forum threads ...[text shortened]... ll be of little value. Things change in priority all the time, based on all kinds of factors.
    Hmmm. I would like to disagree. I dont know the items on your list, but i think the priority of most things will remain the same.

Im willing to give you a special offer:
    Send me the list, and I will sort out the prioritys for you. The best thing: I will do it for free (although you are allowed to give me a free year of subscription if you insist).
  8. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:53

I do retain links to relevant forum threads ...[text shortened]... ll be of little value. Things change in priority all the time, based on all kinds of factors.
    http://www.rememberthemilk.com/

It's even got a cow head logo! It's DESTINY calling for you...
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    http://www.rememberthemilk.com/

It's even got a cow head logo! It's DESTINY calling for you...
    Great name for an app like that!

edit : Using it would not make working through the tasks any quicker though.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:18

There is no point in publishing it and assi ...[text shortened]... ll be of little value. Things change in priority all the time, based on all kinds of factors.
    Isn't this what a pregnant woman says??? 😀🙂😛
  11. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 19:031 edit
    Great name for an app like that!

edit : Using it would not make working through the tasks any quicker though.
    I use freemind for stuff like that:

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/FreeMind-freemind-development.png

Numbers for the priorities, ticks for things that are done, the satisfaction of deleting whole branches when a bunch of related things are done. What more could anyone ask for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree