the rec-system?

the rec-system?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by dottewell
I remember recently I wrote a post; a member of the clan in question replied saying "Well said" (and nothing more) ; and another member of the clan in question replied to that post, said "well said" - and rec'd it (and not the original post).
Or if when a post was rec'd it showed up somewhere who did it. Then we could ridicule even more people......😉

d

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Or if when a post was rec'd it showed up somewhere who did it. Then we could ridicule even more people......😉
Maybe. But the only real justification for the rec system is to highlight good posts to other people.

DS

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Maybe. But the only real justification for the rec system is to highlight good posts to other people.
True, and when it's used properly it can be very useful.

G

Eternity

Moves
27 Aug 06

True, and when it's used properly it can be very useful.
it would be used as intended if we could not see how many recs a specific user, or its posts has gotten - gi-gah!

DS

Moves
27 Aug 06

Originally posted by God
it would be used as intended if we could not see how many recs a specific user, or its posts has gotten - gi-gah!
Shut your left eye if it bothers you. 😉

r

Moves
27 Aug 06

Shut your left eye if it bothers you. 😉
but thats your right!!??😀

N

The sky

Moves
27 Aug 06

Originally posted by rmacken
but thats your right!!??😀
He's looking out of the page, which means he needs to close his right eye because it's closer to the wreck total. If you look onto the page, you have to close the left one. Zi-boh! 😉

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
29 Aug 06

What's a rec?

I
Dadohalic

Finger tip talking.

Moves
30 Aug 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
What's a rec?
Really

Exciting

Candy

:😞

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
30 Aug 06

i think people who care about how many recs they have should probably get out more.

i think people who post to forums about the rec system, like me, should definitely get out more.

i sometimes wish there were an anti-rec, a negative version, so that one could register one's disapproval of a post. people generally seem to post a bored-looking smiley (😞), but i don't do smileys. apart from just then.

G

Eternity

Moves
30 Aug 06

Originally posted by Officer Dibble
i think people who care about how many recs they have should probably get out more.

i think people who post to forums about the rec system, like me, should definitely get out more.

i sometimes wish there were an anti-rec, a negative version, so that one could register one's disapproval of a post. people generally seem to post a bored-looking smiley (😞), but i don't do smileys. apart from just then.
i think your avatar is kinda neat - gi-gah!

i think i need to get a life - ga-goh!

i think probably too much - gi-gih!