1. Eternity
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 10:59
    what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes recommended - ga-goh!

i should know - i know - being god i know everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 11:011 edit
    No one cares what God thinks.

EDIT: Rec this post to show that you too do not care what God thinks.
  3. Eternity
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 11:021 edit
    i also would like to make a suggestion - remove the rec counter in everyones forum profile - remove it from the top of every post - and i think people will stop using it so much to give each other support in heated debates - ga-goh!
  4. Eternity
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 11:03
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    that is blatantly obvious - go-gah!
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 11:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 15:49
    Originally posted by God
    remove the rec counter in everyones forum profile - remove it from the top of every post
    I agree. 🙂
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 15:56
    Originally posted by God
    what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes ...[text shortened]... everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
    Hey God, why do bad things happen to good people?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 16:20
    The rec'ed posts will be returning shortly.

I am getting through my to-do list right now, and fixing that is on it.

-Russ
  9. Eternity
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 16:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    The rec'ed posts will be returning shortly.

I am getting through my to-do list right now, and fixing that is on it.

-Russ
    much appreciated - what about displaying number of recs - am i the only one who wants you to remove that - gi-gah!
  10. The sky
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 19:05
    Originally posted by God
    much appreciated - what about displaying number of recs - am i the only one who wants you to remove that - gi-gah!
    No, it has been suggested many times.
  11. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ

EDIT: Rec this post to show that you too do not care what God thinks.
    rec whore

EDIT: ...
    EDIT 2: Nah, delete that, I've nothing to add. You're just a rec whore.
    EDIT 3: Hey, where're my edits going? Someone just stole 2 of them...
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '06 23:36
    Originally posted by God

and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes ...[text shortened]... everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
    Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

I would not cry if recs were abolished tomorrow.
  13. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 04:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

Well said. Have a rec!
    B.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 11:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Oh look, another post from "Suzianne" purely with the intent of causing trouble.

Grow up.

D
  15. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 12:512 edits
    The rec'd posts of the week used to work very well. Unforunately there is a particular clan, the members of which rec each other's posts even when they are of very little merit. I remember recently I wrote a post; a member of the clan in question replied saying "Well said" (and nothing more) ; and another member of the clan in question replied to that post, said "well said" - and rec'd it (and not the original post).

The solutions seem to be: (a) scrap recs altogether; or (b) just accept that some people can't help behaving like children, and take that as part of the fun.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree