1. Eternity
    Joined
    14 Jun '06
    Moves
    548
    24 Aug '06 10:59
    what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

    and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes recommended - ga-goh!

    i should know - i know - being god i know everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    24 Aug '06 11:011 edit
    No one cares what God thinks.

    EDIT: Rec this post to show that you too do not care what God thinks.
  3. Eternity
    Joined
    14 Jun '06
    Moves
    548
    24 Aug '06 11:021 edit
    i also would like to make a suggestion - remove the rec counter in everyones forum profile - remove it from the top of every post - and i think people will stop using it so much to give each other support in heated debates - ga-goh!
  4. Eternity
    Joined
    14 Jun '06
    Moves
    548
    24 Aug '06 11:03
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No one cares what God thinks.
    that is blatantly obvious - go-gah!
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    24 Aug '06 15:49
    Originally posted by God
    remove the rec counter in everyones forum profile - remove it from the top of every post
    I agree. 🙂
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    24 Aug '06 15:56
    Originally posted by God
    what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

    and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes ...[text shortened]... everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
    Hey God, why do bad things happen to good people?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    24 Aug '06 16:20
    The rec'ed posts will be returning shortly.

    I am getting through my to-do list right now, and fixing that is on it.

    -Russ
  8. Eternity
    Joined
    14 Jun '06
    Moves
    548
    24 Aug '06 16:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    The rec'ed posts will be returning shortly.

    I am getting through my to-do list right now, and fixing that is on it.

    -Russ
    much appreciated - what about displaying number of recs - am i the only one who wants you to remove that - gi-gah!
  9. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    24 Aug '06 19:05
    Originally posted by God
    much appreciated - what about displaying number of recs - am i the only one who wants you to remove that - gi-gah!
    No, it has been suggested many times.
  10. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Joined
    30 Sep '05
    Moves
    40257
    24 Aug '06 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No one cares what God thinks.

    EDIT: Rec this post to show that you too do not care what God thinks.
    rec whore

    EDIT: ...
    EDIT 2: Nah, delete that, I've nothing to add. You're just a rec whore.
    EDIT 3: Hey, where're my edits going? Someone just stole 2 of them...
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35637
    25 Aug '06 23:36
    Originally posted by God
    what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

    and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes ...[text shortened]... everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
    Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

    I would not cry if recs were abolished tomorrow.
  12. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    1077
    26 Aug '06 04:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

    I would not cry if recs were abolished tomorrow.
    Well said. Have a rec!
    B.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    26 Aug '06 11:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

    I would not cry if recs were abolished tomorrow.
    Oh look, another post from "Suzianne" purely with the intent of causing trouble.

    Grow up.

    D
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    26 Aug '06 12:512 edits
    The rec'd posts of the week used to work very well. Unforunately there is a particular clan, the members of which rec each other's posts even when they are of very little merit. I remember recently I wrote a post; a member of the clan in question replied saying "Well said" (and nothing more) ; and another member of the clan in question replied to that post, said "well said" - and rec'd it (and not the original post).

    The solutions seem to be: (a) scrap recs altogether; or (b) just accept that some people can't help behaving like children, and take that as part of the fun.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    26 Aug '06 13:36
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I remember recently I wrote a post; a member of the clan in question replied saying "Well said" (and nothing more) ; and another member of the clan in question replied to that post, said "well said" - and rec'd it (and not the original post).
    Or if when a post was rec'd it showed up somewhere who did it. Then we could ridicule even more people......😉
Back to Top