1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 03:38
    why can't i use the advanced feature when starting games just because i haven't played 20 games? all i want to do it set up a set piece game. this is completely ridiculous......i was going to say fair enough if you where wanting to use the open invite feature with a rating limit but even then its not fair. i've paid my $30

i should be able to set up a set piece game and send out a rating limit open invite if i want. especially the set piece game.

this really has to be changed...and soon.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:46
    maybe i should just start 10 random games then resign them so i can set up a set piece game.....oh look at that, then i would be able to join banded tournaments as well......go beating up on some 1200 guys...sounds like a plan.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 22:08
    I really hate it when members start using logic. It ruins the site.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 22:30
    Originally posted by coquette
    I really hate it when members start using logic. It ruins the site.
    I've never seen it happen.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 01:52
    Originally posted by trev33
    why can't i use the advanced feature when starting games just because i haven't played 20 games? all i want to do it set up a set piece game. this is completely ridiculous......i was going to say fair enough if you where wanting to use the open invite feature with a rating limit but even then its not fair. i've paid my $30

i should be able to set up a set ...[text shortened]... nvite if i want. especially the set piece game.

You answered your own question.

You could say it is ridiculous that you have been able to set up a 2nd ID which is against the TOS but I don't hear you bleating on about that!
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 03:19
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You answered your own question.

You could say it is ridiculous that you have been able to set up a 2nd ID which is against the TOS but I don't hear you bleating on about that!
    i'm not the first nor the only person who has had 2 IDs and i won't be the last. the fact is i talked to russ about coming back just like i talked to him about banning me in the first place, he didn't have a problem with either.

but thats not the issue here. i can see the problems with setting rating limited games as p players but i still don't see why i shouldn't be able to.

tbh i don't really care about that though as i never use the open invite feature. what i should be able to do however and this applies to every p player not just me, is to be able to set up set piece games, these are unrated and imo one of the best features of the site. denying someone the use of this just because he hasn't played 20 rated games is absurd.
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 07:13
    Just play your 20 games and then there won't be a problem.

Blitz some 1-0 games and then you can start 🙂
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 10:39
    maybe i should just start 10 random games then resign them so i can set up a set piece game.....oh look at that, then i would be able to join banded tournaments as well......go beating up on some 1200 guys...sounds like a plan.
    If you want to resign a game, send me an invite. 😏
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 15:35

i should be able to set up a set ...[text shortened]... nvite if i want. especially the set piece game.

There was a trend of people joining the site and setting up set piece games where they could win on the following move. It doesn't affect peoples ratings as set piece games are unrated but their stats still register a loss. It was changed to a 20 game limit so that kids who've just joined can't do this.

Also, a 20 game limit before being able to set rating banded open invites is there to stop people joining and requesting games against 2000+ players exclusively. If you think about it, people can get a good rating after 20 losses. The provisional rating system gives a person -400 of their opponents rating if they lose. Ie, p1200 v 2000 0-1 would give our provisional a rating of 1600 for losing a game. If they played all of their first 20 games in this way their rating would be vastly inflated and they wouldn't have won a game.

Be patient, finish 20 games. It doesn't take that long...
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 17:491 edit
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    There was a trend of people joining the site and setting up set piece games where they could win on the following move. It doesn't affect peoples ratings as set piece games are unrated but their stats still register a loss. It was changed to a 20 game limit so that kids who've just joined can't do this.

Also, a 20 game limit before being able to set ...[text shortened]... hey wouldn't have won a game.

Be patient, finish 20 games. It doesn't take that long...
    am i right in saying that only subscribers can use the advanced options feature or can anyone who has played 20+ games use it? i think subscribers who haven't played 20 rated games should be allowed to set up set piece games, they are just as likely to set up the win in one move game as anyone else on the site, for the most part they are not some 13 year old kid just messing about. the same goes with their rating limited games but like i said before i don't really care about those and do see more problems with allowing this for p players than i do with the set piece games.

why punish subscribers in this way?

edit: it has taken me 11 months to finish 11 rated games who knows how long another 9 will take 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree