1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 06:39
    Can we have a Thread List button at the bottom of the page so we don't have to keep scrolling back up to the top.

Thanks.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 09:382 edits
    You know you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Don't you have a slide bar on your browser? I bet that would work faster than reloading a page with a move page up 'one inch' button.
    Lazy !!!
    Ha ha!😉
  3. The sky
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 11:19
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    You know you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Don't you have a slide bar on your browser? I bet that would work faster than reloading a page with a move page up 'one inch' button.
    Lazy !!!
    Ha ha!😉
    I may be mistaken, but I don't think Dr Strangelove is talking about a button at the bottom of the thread list which brings you back to the top of the page, but an additional button at the bottom of a thread to return to the thread list.

(I wonder when stocken will turn up to point out that they are not buttons. 🙂 )
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 13:29
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I may be mistaken, but I don't think Dr Strangelove is talking about a button at the bottom of the thread list which brings you back to the top of the page, but an additional button at the bottom of a thread to return to the thread list.

Yep, you're right about a return to the thread list. If you read through a few threads you end up going up and down like the proverbial yoyo.

haha Stocken's late. 🙂
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 13:31
    Originally posted by Nordlys

Well why didn't he say so then? Say what you mean next time.🙄😵

It's still lazy! Next thing you know someone will want a snooze button. But if everyone just has to have it...who am I to kick over the apple cart?

Dawg gone buttons every where you look man sept on my shirt. Prolly cost an extra $19.95 a year just for buttons. Okay Doc just so you don't wear out yer nasty o'l finger scrollin, I'll vote wiff ya.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 13:53
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Can we have a [b]Thread List button at the bottom of the page so we don't have to keep scrolling back up to the top.

Thanks.[/b]
    The whole grey bar (Forum List, Thread List, New Thread, etc) at the top should also be at the bottom, IMO.

While we wait for that (which could be a long time as it has been requested a few times in the past), the "Back To Top" extension in firefox gets you to the top of the thread with minimum fuss.

D
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:12
    You know what, (off topic as it may be) I am starting to like mozillia/firefox with all the extensions. If I could just figgure out how to get it to store passwords and screen names on all these websites and once it does, let me know what it is so I don't have to keep typing it all in.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:23
    You know what, (off topic as it may be) I am starting to like mozillia/firefox with all the extensions. If I could just figgure out how to get it to store passwords and screen names on all these websites and once it does, let me know what it is so I don't have to keep typing it all in.
    Tools - options - privacy - cookies tab - enable cookies until they expire blah blah blah.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:241 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The whole grey bar (Forum List, Thread List, New Thread, etc) at the top should also be at the bottom, IMO.

While we wait for that (which could be a long time as it has been requested a few times in the past), the "Back To Top" extension in firefox gets you to the top of the thread with minimum fuss.

D
    I'll check that 'back to the top' extension out. Thanks.

update; got it installed now...it helps. 🙂
  10. The sky
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:35
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    Cool, thanks for the tip. And I agree about the bar.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:35
    I'll check that 'back to the top' extension out. Thanks.

update; got it installed now...it helps. 🙂
    Thanks, I just took a look and I guess I had all set right. But it just doesn't seem to work like the Opera wand feature did. Oh well can't have it all I guess.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:45
    If I could just figgure out how to get it to store passwords and screen names on all these websites
    Tools - options - privacy - passwords tab - Tick Remember passwords

Maybe you need to do this as well, I'm not sure. Try just the above first...
    Tools - options - privacy - Saved Forms tab - Tick the Save Information box.

D
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 17:49
    Can we have a [b]Thread List button at the bottom of the page so we don't have to keep scrolling back up to the top.

Thanks.[/b]
    I've updated the userscript http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js to clone the top button bar at the bottom of the page as well. You'll need Firefox and the GreaseMonkey extension.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 18:21
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    I've updated the userscript http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js to clone the top button bar at the bottom of the page as well. You'll need Firefox and the GreaseMonkey extension.
    That's brilliant.

Cheers again,

D
  15. The sky
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Cool. I would give you a rec if it wouldn't destroy your nice rec number.

Edit: I can just as well give you a rec since the number has already been destroyed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree