1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 14:51
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

P-
  2. In your face
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 19:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

P-
    How about a "No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir." icon.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Nov '11 11:34

P-
    So how would thecommittee look like? Phlabibit and himself and maybe you?

Maybe your obsession wit thumbs down is something you should talk about to someone?
  4. In your face
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 19:49

P-
    Would the icon be a pair of thumbs locked in thumb cuffs?
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 20:50

P-
    Between you and Bobby, the system would bog down with so many alert notifications.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:18

P-
    Top quality? Like this one?

Or maybe you could use the feature as intended as an indicator of crap posting.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne

That's what I'm looking for... mods to enforce it being used correctly. I do, why can't everyone else?
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:26
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Between you and Bobby, the system would bog down with so many alert notifications.
    Bobby getting an occasional thumb up isn't a problem, I'm talking about the unwarranted thumbs downs some users get.

P-
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 02:03
    Bobby getting an occasional thumb up isn't a problem, I'm talking about the unwarranted thumbs downs some users get.

P-
    Unwarranted?

Seems a lot of people around here think they are the reincarnation of Shakespeare or something.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 09:18
    Unwarranted?

Seems a lot of people around here think they are the reincarnation of Shakespeare or something.
    Do you think a post that gets 7 thumbs up warrants 7 thumbs down? What about 12 thumbs 12 and 8 thumbs down... warranted?

It's a clear fact that posts by certain users are getting thumbed down for no reason other that being posted from those certain users... quite sad actually.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 05:04

P-
    Congrats Phlabby you got 18 thumbs down & counting...could it be a RECORD???
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 06:27

Somebody needs to thumbs down their hormones a little.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 14:49
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Do you think a post that gets 7 thumbs up warrants 7 thumbs down? What about 12 thumbs 12 and 8 thumbs down... warranted?

It's a clear fact that posts by certain users are getting thumbed down for no reason other that being posted from those certain users... quite sad actually.
    Good grief, this is a specious argument if there ever was one.

Do you have any idea how many people are registered on this site?

Out of that total, 7 thumbs up is nothing. So is 7 thumbs down. So is 12 thumbs up or down.

You can't logically assume ANYthing about who is voting. Up OR down.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 14:52
    That's what I'm looking for... mods to enforce it being used correctly. I do, why can't everyone else?
    How do you know they're not?

Because YOU think YOUR posts are gold, that's why.

Voting for censorship is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Power to the people!
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 19:52
    How do you know they're not?

Because YOU think YOUR posts are gold, that's why.

Voting for censorship is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Power to the people!
    I think the posts with the most thumbs period should be in the reccomended page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree