Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    28 Oct '11 14:51
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
  2. 28 Oct '11 19:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
    How about a "No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir." icon.
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    05 Nov '11 11:34
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
    So how would thecommittee look like? Phlabibit and himself and maybe you?

    Maybe your obsession wit thumbs down is something you should talk about to someone?
  4. 17 Nov '11 19:49
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
    Would the icon be a pair of thumbs locked in thumb cuffs?
  5. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    17 Nov '11 20:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
    Between you and Bobby, the system would bog down with so many alert notifications.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    04 Jan '12 18:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
    Top quality? Like this one?

    Or maybe you could use the feature as intended as an indicator of crap posting.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    04 Jan '12 18:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Top quality? Like this one?

    Or maybe you could use the feature as intended as an indicator of crap posting.
    That's what I'm looking for... mods to enforce it being used correctly. I do, why can't everyone else?
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    04 Jan '12 18:26
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Between you and Bobby, the system would bog down with so many alert notifications.
    Bobby getting an occasional thumb up isn't a problem, I'm talking about the unwarranted thumbs downs some users get.

    P-
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    05 Jan '12 02:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Bobby getting an occasional thumb up isn't a problem, I'm talking about the unwarranted thumbs downs some users get.

    P-
    Unwarranted?

    Seems a lot of people around here think they are the reincarnation of Shakespeare or something.
  10. 05 Jan '12 09:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Unwarranted?

    Seems a lot of people around here think they are the reincarnation of Shakespeare or something.
    Do you think a post that gets 7 thumbs up warrants 7 thumbs down? What about 12 thumbs 12 and 8 thumbs down... warranted?

    It's a clear fact that posts by certain users are getting thumbed down for no reason other that being posted from those certain users... quite sad actually.
  11. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    06 Jan '12 05:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

    You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

    P-
    Congrats Phlabby you got 18 thumbs down & counting...could it be a RECORD???
  12. 06 Jan '12 06:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Top quality? Like this one?

    Or maybe you could use the feature as intended as an indicator of crap posting.
    Somebody needs to thumbs down their hormones a little.
  13. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Jan '12 14:49
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Do you think a post that gets 7 thumbs up warrants 7 thumbs down? What about 12 thumbs 12 and 8 thumbs down... warranted?

    It's a clear fact that posts by certain users are getting thumbed down for no reason other that being posted from those certain users... quite sad actually.
    Good grief, this is a specious argument if there ever was one.

    Do you have any idea how many people are registered on this site?

    Out of that total, 7 thumbs up is nothing. So is 7 thumbs down. So is 12 thumbs up or down.

    You can't logically assume ANYthing about who is voting. Up OR down.
  14. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Jan '12 14:52
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That's what I'm looking for... mods to enforce it being used correctly. I do, why can't everyone else?
    How do you know they're not?

    Because YOU think YOUR posts are gold, that's why.

    Voting for censorship is ALWAYS a bad idea.

    Power to the people!
  15. 06 Jan '12 19:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How do you know they're not?

    Because YOU think YOUR posts are gold, that's why.

    Voting for censorship is ALWAYS a bad idea.

    Power to the people!
    I think the posts with the most thumbs period should be in the reccomended page.