Time outs

Time outs

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
09 Jun 05

The minimum time out is one day. Why not have a minimum time out in hours. Start with 12 hours. Many years ago I suggested having blitz games, but the speed of computers could not deal with that. I think there is room to lessen the minimum time out period. Some players might not like this but some will. A 12 hour period of is not that short of time to make a move.
Dan

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Jun 05

Originally posted by Dant
The minimum time out is one day. Why not have a minimum time out in hours. Start with 12 hours. Many years ago I suggested having blitz games, but the speed of computers could not deal with that. I think there is room to lessen the minimum time out period. Some players might not like this but some will. A 12 hour period of is not that short of time to make a move.
Dan
Unless say you have a job or need sleep and a break from the computer.

D

Moves
10 Jun 05

You are correct about the reasons for not having the 12 hour timeout. However, It would be an option. If someone did not feel they could play this type of game, then they would not accept it. This is no different than accepting a one day timeout. I think this sight and the internet can handle 12 hour moves.

Now, take it one step further. A six second blitz game. That is a type of game that I think can only be played face to face.
Dan