1. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 19:46
    I haven't had a timeout game yet so perhaps shouldn't really have an opinion, yet I do!

I wonder if a timeout could allow us to choose win or draw. I know a lot of people might just take the win anyway but I would prefer to take the win if I felt I had an advantage in pieces or position, a draw if I don't and have the choice of resigning if I feel I would lose.

Just a thought
  2. In your face
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 20:46
    That sounds like a blooming good idea.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 21:05
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I haven't had a timeout game yet so perhaps shouldn't really have an opinion, yet I do!

I wonder if a timeout could allow us to choose win or draw. I know a lot of people might just take the win anyway but I would prefer to take the win if I felt I had an advantage in pieces or position, a draw if I don't and have the choice of resigning if I feel I would lose.

Just a thought
    Well,if you don't feel to deserve the win,why not just give your opponent the opportunity to move again and continue the game?
  4. In your face
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 22:02
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Well,if you don't feel to deserve the win,why not just give your opponent the opportunity to move again and continue the game?
    In cases where theyare dragging there feet or just not moving at all. It would be a happy compromise.
  5. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 22:12
    Originally posted by Ravello
    yes, in cases where they have dropped off the planet.
  6. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 12:43
    Originally posted by Wheely

Just a thought
    This has been suggested before. I think the consensus was to make this an option as you suggested but not draw automatically.

Gotti
  7. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 14:11
    Thanks Gotti2000. I definately don't think an automatic draw would be a good idea. Apologies that this has been raised before.
  8. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 14:42
    This question comes up perdiodically, and as always, my view is "take the win!"

I have had situations where my game load has made me blunder - I did not have recourse to complain then, and I do not expect my opponents to not play beyond the terms of our agreement.

9. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 16:09
    Originally posted by Alcra
    This question comes up perdiodically, and as always, my view is "take the win!"

I have had situations where my game load has made me blunder - I did not have recourse to complain then, and I do not expect my opponents to not play beyond the terms of our agreement.

Fair point and since raising the question I have been in a situation where I could time out a game. It was not far enough into the game for me to make call on it. I waited a couple of days, sent a reimnder and then the guy made a move. I hope I win it 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree