1. Joined
    04 Aug '03
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 08:37
    Please can you tell me how it's possible for higher rated players to experience an extended timeout period and then enter all the banded tournaments on there way back up to there old ranking again.

This is really unfair and i find quite common, making the banded idea a joke for those really at that level???

Players who have had extended timeouts should not be allowed to enter tournaments for a fixed period or only allowed to enter at there old level (and not just the 30days as is currently the case)!
  2. UK
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 08:56
    Originally posted by Robert Mann
    Please can you tell me how it's possible for higher rated players to experience an extended timeout period and then enter all the banded tournaments on there way back up to there old ranking again.

This is really unfair and i find quite common, making the banded idea a joke for those really at that level???

Players who have had extended timeouts s ...[text shortened]... or only allowed to enter at there old level (and not just the 30days as is currently the case)!
    yeah. Maybe the 30 days should be multiplied by the number of losses by timeout (in the last 30 days),
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 09:57
    Originally posted by Robert Mann

Players who have had extended timeouts s ...[text shortened]... or only allowed to enter at there old level (and not just the 30days as is currently the case)!
    This comes up again and again there are a lot of players concerned about this, they need to get together and have one voice, then you will be heard, at the moment it comes up every few months but goes quiet again. The best idea I have seen to deal with it is is to prevent entry into competitions linked to the maximum rating someone has achieved. I do not know if this would be too onerous for Russ to do? if not maybe 100 points could be the variance, i.e. no player could enter a tournament if his rating has ever been more than a 100 points of the upper range of the band.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 10:07
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    This comes up again and again there are a lot of players concerned about this, they need to get together and have one voice, then you will be heard, at the moment it comes up every few months but goes quiet again.
    Agreed.

This thread has had the most users put in the most thinking time out of any which have dealt with the problem. Unfortunately, most people just bring the problem up and ask for a fix without ever being willing to put in a bit of time to brainstorm.

If somebody resurrects this thread with some well thought out points, I'd be happy to continue discussing the problem.

Thread 31221

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree