timeout stats in profile

timeout stats in profile

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jun 05

heya rhp -

i think it would be a good idea to list the number of timeouts a player has in their Profile - so i can choose not to play joeschmo because he tends to start a game a never finish it.

thanks for the great site!

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
10 Jun 05

I used to take time outs but now I dont really bother. recording timeouts would give a misleading assessment of my new more generous character

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
11 Jun 05

Originally posted by invigorate
I used to take time outs but now I dont really bother. recording timeouts would give a misleading assessment of my new more generous character
Me too, with the exception of tournaments and leagues.
I like to see how many games with skulls I can collect. I have eleven of them at this moment.

R
Out of drinks

On Clique Beach

Moves
11 Jun 05

Originally posted by inwerds

i think it would be a good idea to list the number of timeouts a player has in their Profile - so i can choose not to play joeschmo because he tends to start a game a never finish it.
I'd like to see that to.

Partly to avoid players who never finish, but I think it would make clans work better. It seems to me that one of the big problems lots of clans have is people join, get put into a bunch of challenges, then don't finish. This really makes it tough to win those challenges.

Owner Colley's Mill

Camberwick Green

Moves
11 Jun 05

Originally posted by RookRAK
It seems to me that one of the big problems lots of clans have is people join, get put into a bunch of challenges, then don't finish. This really makes it tough to win those challenges.
A good clan leader will manage the people in his clan and make sure they have an appropriate game load. If someone isn't working for the clan after a game or two...give them a kick. Get in people who respect the clan and won't mess around in challenges.

A clan doesn't deserve to win a challenge if it has renegades that don't give a stuff...

JP.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
11 Jun 05
2 edits

I think the original idea was stats on how many games a player has lost by timeout.
Not how many times they've won by timeout.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
11 Jun 05

Originally posted by Redmike
I think the original idea was stats on how many games a player has lost by timeout.
it'd be good to show both.

Moves
11 Jun 05

thanks redmike - that is exactly what i was trying to say.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
11 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
it'd be good to show both.
What's the point of showing how many you have won by timeout? You can then go on to seperate how many ended in checkmates, or were resigned against you......

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
What's the point of showing how many you have won by timeout? You can then go on to seperate how many ended in checkmates, or were resigned against you......
You could use it to judge if your opponent is likely to time you out or not. Some people might want that.

PP

London

Moves
13 Jun 05

1) Showing how many times a player has timed-out other opponents is an irrelevance. It carries the notion that these players are somehow being 'unsporting' when in fact their behaviour is well within the RHP rules.

2) Showing how many times a player has been timed-out is of more interest. If you can see that an opponent loses half of their games through not moving quickly enough it would tell you that you might not get much of a game with them.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by Poisoned Pawn
1) Showing how many times a player has timed-out other opponents is an irrelevance. It carries the notion that these players are somehow being 'unsporting' when in fact their behaviour is well within the RHP rules.
If it is in the rules then it is purely a construct of the site community that has led to this being seen as unsporting.

It is not irrelevant to show this stat if there are site members who would be interested to know this about their opponents.