1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 16:171 edit
    People are overwhelmingly in favor of a change.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/vote.php?voteid=13

Isn't it time to implement it?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 07:44
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    People are overwhelmingly in favor of a change.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/vote.php?voteid=13

Isn't it time to implement it?
    Actually as was stated at the time that was a complete abortion of a polling question and frankly the results are rubbish as a consequence.
  3. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 09:31
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Actually as was stated at the time that was a complete abortion of a polling question and frankly the results are rubbish as a consequence.
    Well that was the view of a few people who didn't like the way the poll was going.

However nearly 1400 players on this site have voted for the time-out immunity proposal.

This should be implemented without further delay.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 10:13
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Well that was the view of a few people who didn't like the way the poll was going.

However nearly 1400 players on this site have voted for the time-out immunity proposal.

Agree, totally agree.

Would be interesting to see how it will be implemented though.
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 10:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Agree, totally agree.

Would be interesting to see how it will be implemented though.
    Well, we wouldn't be wanting for Xanth to be testing the beta version, would we??

skeeter
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 10:41
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Well, we wouldn't be wanting for Xanth to be testing the beta version, would we??

skeeter
    Why not skeeter? I personally feel that the results of the poll were skewed by the bad question but I don't run the site and if Russ wanted to implement a vacation timeout immunity then he can do so. It is his site after all. And why wouldn't I want to help test a new feature of the site? I'm still in the background doing security testing.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 10:461 edit

Ask the following question first. And send out a PM that is not loaded to notify everyone and I would be willing to bet that the result would be reversed.

"Are you happy with the current policy that players are not immune from timeout while on vacation? "

I propose that you would get a very different result.
  8. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 12:04
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Ask the following question first. And send out a PM that is not loaded to notify everyone and I would be willing to bet that the result would be reversed.

"Are you happy with the current policy that players are not immune from timeout while on vacation? "

I propose that you would get a very different result.
    As I've said before, I agree that the wording of the poll question was badly phrased. If the vote had been close, then it could be reasonably argued that the result was invalid.

But more than twice as many people voted in favour of the proposal than against. By any standards that's a landslide.

We could have another vote, if the site admin feel that this is such an issue. But that would really just be an excuse to put off doing something. They wouldn't have proposed a new vacation system in the first place if the current system was working.
  9. Joined
    04 Sep '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 12:541 edit
    wrong place
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 06:16
    They wouldn't have proposed a new vacation system in the first place if the current system was working.
    While I can understand (if not completely agree with) the rest of your post, the bit I quoted has the same logic behind it as "Well the Police wouldn't be questioning him if he was innocent, would they?".
  11. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 21:21
    1398 people "would be happy" with a change to the vacation system, but so far not one "rec" in favor of implementation. What does this mean?

Perhaps just that everyone is out of recs. 😕
  12. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 21:53
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    1398 people "would be happy" with a change to the vacation system, but so far not one "rec" in favor of implementation. What does this mean?

Perhaps just that everyone is out of recs. 😕
    Is that better?