1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 10:01
    At present if you go on vacation you are immune from timeouts.

However if you move, while on vacation, say in a 1/0 tournament, it may be possible for one of your opponents to reach no timebank and the skull appear.

You, while on holiday, are then able to time that person out, even though they are unable to time you out.

This is surely wrong.

Maybe the ability to time people out should be removed from you, while you are on vacation.

Any thoughts?
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 11:04
    Originally posted by adramforall

However if you move, while on vacation, say in a 1/0 tournament, it may be possible for one of your opponents to reach no timebank and the skull appear.

You, while on holiday, are then able to time that person out, even though they are unable to time you out.

This is surely wrong.
    ...[text shortened]... ility to time people out should be removed from you, while you are on vacation.

Any thoughts?
    Being on vacation in RHP does not necessarily mean you're physically away on holiday (although you are in most cases) and as you said it is only immunity from timeouts.

Maybe I wanna use up my vacation days in an important "hardcore" tournament to buy more time (for that game) but move in other games.

Briefly, I would like to timeout people wherever I can!
  3. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 11:12
    Good idea!

I usually take my vacation when I am on vacation, and say the 2 days after (to allow me to catch up), but I met the situation you mention before.

To me it seems fair that you cannot bring your opponents into trouble, so no skull when on vacation seems fine.

(of course, I could briefly get out of vacation, click all skulls, and enable my vacation for that day again...some thinking needed)
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 15:47

This is surely wrong.
    ...[text shortened]... ility to time people out should be removed from you, while you are on vacation.

Any thoughts?
    It is each player's own responsibility to ensure they move within the preagreed time.

If a player thinks they may not be able to move within that time, then they are free to use their vacation flag to protect themselves from TO. If they don't want to use vacation days, or have already used all their vacation days, then it is only right that they can be TO'ed.

D
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It is each player's own responsibility to ensure they move within the preagreed time.

If a player thinks they may not be able to move within that time, then they are free to use their vacation flag to protect themselves from TO. If they don't want to use vacation days, or have already used all their vacation days, then it is only right that they can be TO'ed.

D
    While I agree, take this position in a 3/0 game.

I move and note my opponent is on holiday so immune from timeout. I am online daily and note that it is now day 5, 12.30pm and still no movement from opponent.

I move in all my other games and finish moving at 5.30pm. My games are all cleared down and most are 3/3 or 3/7's so nothing to worry about - I won't timeout any games - or so I think. I log off and go away for weekend thinking I am OK, all my games are clear.

5.45pm opponent on holiday comes online and moves in our game.

Blissfully unaware I return three days later and come online at 6.00pm to find in the meantime that my holiday opponent is still on holiday but has timed me out a few minutes before I have come online.

Fair?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 16:09
    While I agree, take this position in a 3/0 game.

I move and note my opponent is on holiday so immune from timeout. I am online daily and note that it is now day 5, 12.30pm and still no movement from opponent.

I move in all my other games and finish moving at 5.30pm. My games are all cleared down and most are 3/3 or 3/7's so nothing to worry abou ...[text shortened]... is still on holiday but has timed me out a few minutes before I have come online.

Fair?
    Yes. If you knew that you wouldn't be online for 3 days, you should have used your Vacation flag for the 3rd day at least.

If you don't move within the preagreed time controls, then a timeout is fair.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree