1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 07:44
    Originally posted by hbrooks2011
    I currently have a tourney game where the timeout should have occurred by now and it hasn't. Wonder what's holding it up. The guy is out of time. I want to take the win.
    If you're talking about your two games with nitramnessumsar, you do realise that 21/21 means 21 days per move, plus an extra 21 days worth of reserve timebank? He's eaten into both timebanks, one's almost zero, but he still gets 21 days per move.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 10:57
    Add an option in "My Settings" that would automatically claim a "time-out win" for you the instant that all time has expired.

If you prefer to manually click that skull, just don't select the "automatic" option.
    That should make everyone happy.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 11:51
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Add an option in "My Settings" that would automatically claim a "time-out win" for you the instant that all time has expired.

If you prefer to manually click that skull, just don't select the "automatic" option.
    That should make everyone happy.
    Indeed. Good suggestion.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 17:24
    Originally posted by LEUR
    Should be AUTOMATIC...with a 12 hour grace period to allow for time zone differences...and the vacation days as a buffer, of course. That's it, plain and simple.
    Maybe I'm playing a friend and don't want to time them out.

Give us a choice. More choices are always better.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 21:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe I'm playing a friend and don't want to time them out.

Give us a choice. More choices are always better.
    How about an 'untimed' option?

More choices aren't always better when it comes to user interface design. Too many choices can seem confusing.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 13:47
    I haven't played tournaments for a long time, but isn't the "automatic" feature used here flawed?
    If I remember correctly, the skull pops up and can be manually clicked right away, but if not clicked manually it sits there for two days before it is clicked automatically.

It seems to me like it should just be automatically clicked right away. Isn't that how it's done in OTB tournaments?
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 16:30
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I haven't played tournaments for a long time, but isn't the "automatic" feature used here flawed?
    If I remember correctly, the skull pops up and can be manually clicked right away, but if not clicked manually it sits there for two days before it is clicked automatically.

It seems to me like it should just be automatically clicked right away. Isn't that how it's done in OTB tournaments?
    How will we market ourselves as a more friendly and less conventional chess site if we discard the 2-day grace period? 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree