Timeouts

Standard memberRemoved
Site Ideas 31 Dec '06 15:08
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 15:08
    If an opponent is timed out then maybe their rating shouldn't fall. This could stop some people sandbaging their ratings and also wouldn't cause the problems some players have expressed about playing a player with a really low rating (when their level is much higher).

Would this be a feasiable idea?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 15:35
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    If an opponent is timed out then maybe their rating shouldn't fall. This could stop some people sandbaging their ratings and also wouldn't cause the problems some players have expressed about playing a player with a really low rating (when their level is much higher).

Would this be a feasiable idea?
    I had a game, not long ago, with the opponent having a rating far below mine. I had done a blunder and I was going to lose.
    If your idea of a new rule was applied I just quit playing, eventually having a time-out with no rating loss - instead having 30 points loss as todays rule.

A time-out should render a loss, with rating loss and all.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 15:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I had a game, not long ago, with the opponent having a rating far below mine. I had done a blunder and I was going to lose.
    If your idea of a new rule was applied I just quit playing, eventually having a time-out with no rating loss - instead having 30 points loss as todays rule.

A time-out should render a loss, with rating loss and all.
    i see your point 🙂, i wasn't sure if the idea would have worked, was just wondering what people's reactions would have been.

Thank you for imputing 🙂

Thomas
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 16:48
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    i see your point 🙂, i wasn't sure if the idea would have worked, was just wondering what people's reactions would have been.

Thank you for imputing 🙂

Thomas
    My reaction is OUTRAGE!

😉

P-
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 07:38
    Current Mood: Gaseous

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree