1. Standard memberSpacetime
    Not material
    The Universe
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 17:39
    It seems the white timer symbols indicating less than 24 hours to move only appear after the per move time has exhausted upon entering the timebank...

For example, I just saw one appear 5 mins ago, but the timebank indicates .64 days (less than 24 hours)...

Wouldn't it be better if it appeared when the combined total of per move time plus remaining timebank
  2. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 18:37
    It would be better if they put the time remaining (for all games) instead of some symbol for the ones close to time-out.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 19:42
    Originally posted by Ian68
    It would be better if they put the time remaining (for all games) instead of some symbol for the ones close to time-out.
    I'll agree with that.

The 'info' link allows you to see the timebank details for a game - and the games page shows when the last move was, but until you actually visit the page you can't 'at-a-glance' tell which games need more urgent attention.

As an aside, it would also be nice to have the option for changing the priority used for what constitutes the 'next waiting game' (or when scrolling through games using the 'skip this game for now' link). This currently (I think), goes through using the last move date, but I'd like to use the amount of time remaining as an indicator of the 'next game'.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:43
    Firefox+greasemonkey+user scripts = problem solved.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 23:42
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Firefox+greasemonkey+user scripts = problem solved.
    OK, thank you Dr.
    I have firefox,
    I'm off now to find a monkey to grease ... will report back.
  6. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 23:581 edit
    Originally posted by orangutan
    OK, thank you Dr.
    I have firefox,
    I'm off now to find a monkey to grease ... will report back.
    Wow.
    It was that quick and that simple.

For anyone else who wants the greasemonkey magic do this ...

1) Get firefox (if you only do this you will not regret it - but it gets better)
    2) Install greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748)
    3) Get the user scripts that ouroboros has made - (http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/) - pick the ones that appeal and away you go.
    4) smile a lot.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 04:48
    Wow.
    You found a monkey alright then? 🙂
  8. Standard memberSpacetime
    Not material
    The Universe
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 14:29
    Wow.

For anyone else who wants the greasemonkey magic do this ...

1) Get firefox (if you only do this you will not regret it - but it gets better)
    2) Install greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748)
    3) Get the user scripts that [b]ouroboros
    has made - (http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/) - pick the ones that appeal and away you go.
    4) smile a lot.[/b]
    Sorry, can you please explain this more, what does firefox do? Sorry for my ignorance...

Thanks
  9. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 18:11
    Originally posted by Spacetime
    Sorry, can you please explain this more, what does firefox do? Sorry for my ignorance...

Thanks
    Firefox is an alternaive web browser from Mozilla and it is widely respected to be superiour and safer than internet explorer - it features tabbed browsing, in-built pop-up blocker and plenty of "extensions" that you can use to customise.

Greasemonkey is one of thses extensions - it enables you to install custom written scripts that can enhance particular websites. Ouroboros has created a whole bunch of these scripts that work with this site and do loads of funky things - Show time remaining on "Your Games" page, enhancements to forum posting, and many more.

You need to install Firefox first, then install the greasemonkey extension before you can pop along to ouroboros' page and get the scripts. See orangutan's post above for the links.

Oh yeah, and then enjoy all the fun that Firefox has to offer. There are many more extensions to enjoy if you want - I can highly recommend Linkification, forecastfox and Foxytunes too.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree