1. Joined
    23 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 21:22
    There are many inactive members for years. I think these memberhips should be cancelled if they inactive longer than 1 or 2 years...Am I wrong?...
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 21:34
    Originally posted by Erxan
    Am I wrong?...
    Yes.

It would corrupt the game history.
  3. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 23:15
    ... and if you mean subscriptions... no way! They've paid for them and should get them.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 06:051 edit
    It may not be possible to remove anything from the databases, but there's nothing to stop things from being hidden from the normal user.

Presently we don't have enough information on clans (the non-playing ones become secret societies just by not playing for 120 days). But we have way too much information on inactive players (you can get 8200 pages of these without much effort, check out their games and profiles, and generally clog the server with idle curiosity) and old threads (ditto, plus the opportunity to dig up old arguments and rehash them ad infinitum).

I guess it doesn't bother anybody but me though - it's like cobwebs in your house, if your eyesight's bad. 😲

{edit for typo}
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 00:10
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    It may not be possible to remove anything from the databases, but there's nothing to stop things from being hidden from the normal user.

Presently we don't have enough information on clans (the non-playing ones become secret societies just by not playing for 120 days). But we have way too much information on inactive players (you can get 8200 pages of ...[text shortened]... me though - it's like cobwebs in your house, if your eyesight's bad. 😲

{edit for typo}
    This is true. Mind you, the only people likely to want a complete clan list are those wanting to stage a coup de grace. It took me ages to find Clan 52 😉 ... or those wanting to revel in the lost glory of those dead clans who once defeated their own... oh, me again.

Yes, I'd like to see a complete list. Nothing fancy. Perhaps a link in the site map. It would enhance the sense of history on the site, especially for newer members like me. Might help reinvigorate a few dying clans, which can only be a good thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree