Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    20 Oct '09 14:21
    Here's a simple two-rule solution:

#1 Clans are provisionally created and cannot play any matches until five members are registered.

#2 Clan memberships cannot fall below five members.

Objection?

What if the leader wants to boot a member who goes absent or become obnoxious?

Response:

That actually makes the dynamics of clan membership and leadership much more interesting and leads to more careful recruiting and acceptance.

It's just a suggestion.
  2. 20 Oct '09 14:22
    and a bad one.

anti-rec.
  3. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    20 Oct '09 14:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    and a bad one.

anti-rec.
    Yeah, can't argue with your logic. rec'd.
  4. 20 Oct '09 14:30
    Originally posted by coquette
    Yeah, can't argue with your logic. rec'd.
    you can't do away with one man clans. some people (me) don't want the trouble of having a load of other people in there clan and having to set up games for them etc. the reason why i have my clan is so i get to choose who i play... points and everything else that goes with a clan isn't important. it's the best way to get 2 games against higher rated people who otherwise wouldn't be interested.
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    20 Oct '09 16:03
    Originally posted by coquette
    Here's a simple two-rule solution:

#1 Clans are provisionally created and cannot play any matches until five members are registered.

#2 Clan memberships cannot fall below five members.

Objection?

What if the leader wants to boot a member who goes absent or become obnoxious?

Response:

That actually makes the dynamics of clan membership and ...[text shortened]... re interesting and leads to more careful recruiting and acceptance.

It's just a suggestion.
    Again, so what? Why does it matter that there are inactive clans?