1. Joined
    09 Jun '17
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 03:34
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 10:10
    Originally posted by @jlpmjm
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
    Why?

Personally I think non-paying members are merely parasites. Cut there games and severely limit their posting privileges would be more apt in my opinion.

If you want more tournament play then become a subscriber. Simple as that !!
  3. Here
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 14:34
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Why?

Personally I think non-paying members are merely parasites. Cut there games and severely limit their posting privileges would be more apt in my opinion.

If you want more tournament play then become a subscriber. Simple as that !!
    Spot on
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 15:40
    Then what would the point in subscribing be?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Aug '17 17:10
    So go play on Yahoo. They don't take the game very seriously. Or, Chess Heroz on Facebook. That one is a joke to serious players. You'll be right at home!
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 17:54
    I have no issue with tournaments being almost exclusively a membership feature. There have to be a few carrots to warrant subscription. Business survival trumps nicety.

Comparing non-subs to parasites though is rather shortsighted. (Non-subs after all are the potential members of the future).

On the other site I play on we use 'guests' as a resource, and plug gaps in teams and tournaments etc to aid site activity. But i'm sure this is something Russ has considered.
  7. Here
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 14:35
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I have no issue with tournaments being almost exclusively a membership feature. There have to be a few carrots to warrant subscription. Business survival trumps nicety.

Comparing non-subs to parasites though is rather shortsighted. (Non-subs after all are the potential members of the future).

On the other site I play on we use 'guests' as a r ...[text shortened]... ms and tournaments etc to aid site activity. But i'm sure this is something Russ has considered.
    so why don't you subscribe ?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 18:07
    Originally posted by @padger
    so why don't you subscribe ?
    I do.

Just not here. That of course could change in the future if I decided to transfer more of my chess playing on to this site.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 21:36
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I do.

Just not here. That of course could change in the future if I decided to transfer more of my chess playing on to this site.
    Well hurry up freeloader. 🙂
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 16:46
    Originally posted by @padger
    Spot on
    Give a taste of the good stuff don't hide it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree