Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member turtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    15 Oct '04 16:41 / 2 edits
    Hey All -

    Just a suggestion on limitations in tourneys.

    I'm in the Reach for the Sky tourney, and I'm the lowest ranked one still playing. This tourney was a tourney "for low ranked players". Yup, that's sure me.

    Well, my remaining competetion rankings? 1357, 1222, 1188, 1140.

    I know these go by rankings at the beginning of the tourney but since Russ put in a limitation at the Start of the Tourneys (for instance, I have been ranked 1000 in the last month so can't join the recent tourney for low ranked players) - can we put in one for the End of them?

    No sour grapes, just making an observation. I know this is just the luck of the draw or whatever, but thought I'd just make a suggestion. Thanks.
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    15 Oct '04 16:46
    Originally posted by turtlex

    I know these go by rankings at the beginning of the tourney but since Russ put in a limitation at the Start of the Tourneys (for instance, I have been ranked 1000 in the last month so can't join the recent tourney for low ranked players) - can we put in one for the End of them?
    I don't understand. Are u saying that if u enter, say, an under 1000 tournie, and b4 the end of the tournament you go over 1000, then you're kicked out?

    D
  3. Standard member turtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    15 Oct '04 16:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I don't understand. Are u saying that if u enter, say, an under 1000 tournie, and b4 the end of the tournament you go over 1000, then you're kicked out?

    D
    I'm not sure what I'm saying, actually.

    But it just seemed to surprise me that in a lower ranked player tourney I was playing someone ranking 1300+.

    If you go by the same rule of thought as JOINING a tourney, then yeah, I guess so.

    I am now ranked 902 (or close) but since I was ranked 1042 within the last month, I could not join an under 1000 tourney (even though I was under 1000 when the tourney started).
  4. Standard member turtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    15 Oct '04 16:54

    I mean no disrespect to the folks I'm playing.

    Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything. Sorry.
  5. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    15 Oct '04 17:33
    Originally posted by turtlex

    I mean no disrespect to the folks I'm playing.

    Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything. Sorry.
    I don't see any disrespect in what you're saying, but some people are going to be studying and practising and so their ratings are going to rise, especially if the tournament goes on for a matter of months..

    Its just the nature of the beast. For example, if you spent even an hour reading about pins, skewers and forks on Exeter Chess Club pages, then you'd probably jump 100 odd rating points.

    D