1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 14:19
    How about a very low fee 1 month (or 2) trial membership as a one-time offer? It could have limits on the number of games and clans etc. For instance, only 50 games, and 1 clan and 1 tournament. I bet most people who experience the clans and a tournament and no ads would be willing to pay the balance for a full membershp. the membership could still be the full price and go from the date a full amount was paid.

P.S. I'm already a sub so this isn't for me, it's for RHP.
  2. USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 15:54
    Originally posted by coquette
    How about a very low fee 1 month (or 2) trial membership as a one-time offer? It could have limits on the number of games and clans etc. For instance, only 50 games, and 1 clan and 1 tournament. I bet most people who experience the clans and a tournament and no ads would be willing to pay the balance for a full membershp. the membership could still be the f ...[text shortened]... he date a full amount was paid.

P.S. I'm already a sub so this isn't for me, it's for RHP.
    is it a free trial? if it isn't then that means they'll just be paying more, should they decide to subcribe right afterwards instead of just subcribing in the first place?
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 16:42
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    is it a free trial? if it isn't then that means they'll just be paying more, should they decide to subcribe right afterwards instead of just subcribing in the first place?
    "How about a very low fee 1 month...trial membership..."
  4. USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 18:29
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    "How about a [b]very low fee 1 month...trial membership..."[/b]
    what would the fee be?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 19:41
    There wer times when on could pay month wise and not as now year wise only. That was a kind of a trial month subscription.
    There were reasons to end this kind of one month subscription.
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 20:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There wer times when on could pay month wise and not as now year wise only. That was a kind of a trial month subscription.
    There were reasons to end this kind of one month subscription.
    The main reason being people signing up to as many tournaments and playing as many games as possible but not continuing their membership.

Coquette's idea already accounts for this by limiting the amount of games, Clans and Tournaments the user can subscribe to or play in their trial period.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 21:24
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    The main reason being people signing up to as many tournaments and playing as many games as possible but not continuing their membership.

Coquette's idea already accounts for this by limiting the amount of games, Clans and Tournaments the user can subscribe to or play in their trial period.
    I think Coquette's proposal is excellent. But I think also that it will bring problems with it. So I don't think Russ et al will implement the trial subscription.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 04:471 edit
    what problems do you anticipate? i realize that 1-month memberships existed before, but as was noted above, without the limits.

what fee? how about 1/10 of the full year fee? the limits to games, tourneys, seiges and clans are the easiest to figure out and set, right?

lots of non-subs are just curious if the sub is worth it . . . and it definitely was to me! that's all i'm saying.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 07:27
    what problems do you anticipate? i realize that 1-month memberships existed before, but as was noted above, without the limits.

what fee? how about 1/10 of the full year fee? the limits to games, tourneys, seiges and clans are the easiest to figure out and set, right?

lots of non-subs are just curious if the sub is worth it . . . and it definitely was to me! that's all i'm saying.
    We were told that another reason monthly subscriptions were stopped was due to the Bank charges involved.

In your scenario, are you saying the trial would only be allowed once per person?
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 14:01
    yes, a one-time only offer . . . once per person, restricted enough to prevent abuses while still giving a preview of the experience that subs have
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 17:30
    No. It'll be abused by too many people.
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 04:09
    Originally posted by Ramned
    No. It'll be abused by too many people.
    but that's the point . .put enough restrictions in place to minimize the abuse .. .if they pay $3 for the month .. and only have say 30 games total that they can sign up for, and 1 clan, and 1 seige, and 1 tourney, how much abuse can they do? . . .won't seem like much to me so long as some convert to full subs . .maybe they will . .maybe not . . .just suggesting a try .
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 10:04
    but that's the point . .put enough restrictions in place to minimize the abuse .. .if they pay $3 for the month .. and only have say 30 games total that they can sign up for, and 1 clan, and 1 seige, and 1 tourney, how much abuse can they do? . . .won't seem like much to me so long as some convert to full subs . .maybe they will . .maybe not . . .just suggesting a try .
    Yeah, like nobody would create a new account to avail of cheap features. 🙄

30 games would keep me going for a year. And then there are the next rounds of the tourney to keep me filled up.

Why would clans want trial members, who are going to fill up challenges and then decide they don't like the site and bugger off.

This idea is nearly as bad as your campaign to punish everybody to spite one or two people who hold out in lost positions against you.

D
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 14:22
    I've posted this in another thread:

In my case, someone gave me a gift of a monthly subscription and I immediately subscribed for a year after it was over.

It's a great way to get to know the site. I'm sure something could be done about that problem (i.e. all games but 6 resign automatically within 1 (or 2) month(s) after the subscription expires). If this is known to the subscriber, I'm sure there won't be many complaints.
  15. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 16:16
    I'm not sure if everyone realizes this, but there is already a 14-day money back guarantee on a regular membership. So there's almost a built-in trial period.

I think an occasional open-to-everyone tournament would be a good idea, though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree