1. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Jan '05 15:47
    I`d like to suggest that a trial period of say, one month or so for those who don`t subscribe to get used to the site. Then give them the pay up of say goodbye option. It would free up a lot of server space for one thing.
    I`m sure this could be automated just like any trial period software.
  2. UK
    Moves
    07 Jan '05 16:38
    Originally posted by Paulie
    I`d like to suggest that a trial period of say, one month or so for those who don`t subscribe to get used to the site. Then give them the pay up of say goodbye option. It would free up a lot of server space for one thing.
    I`m sure this could be automated just like any trial period software.
    What's to stop them signing up again under a different account name?
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Jan '05 16:43
    Originally posted by mrmist
    What's to stop them signing up again under a different account name?
    ip logging. Works the same as banning an ip address.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Jan '05 17:21
    That's right, I imagine it does.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Jan '05 17:24
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    That's right, I imagine it does.
    Yeah, but IP bans aren't very effective though, are they? 😉

D
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 01:07
    I think this is a horrible idea. It took me over two months to join. Also some people may wish to get out of the p1200 before subscribing, and at the rate some play that can be well over a month.

Also some people are just poor. I think it's great that russ allows people to play for free, it adds to the feel of the site. This is the only website I have ever payed money to join. If this site was strictly a cash cow, I don't think I would have joined.

Nyxie
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 01:46
    I second that. This is the first website for me too, to tribute it financially. I used to enjoy the six-games limit for months. After I noticed after those months I still got back very frequently and really wanted to play more games at a time than those six, I joined in. The limit gives you just that feeling for the website to know what it is all about and is enough to give you an eager for more. A free full month is really a lot to give away free, I think.

But you can bail out within two weeks after joining. So if you really really really want, you can get two weeks of full free play...
  8. UK
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 10:18
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Yeah, but IP bans aren't very effective though, are they? 😉

D
    No, they are not.

Which is half of the problem.

The other half is that it would limit people's overall experience of the site to be on a time limit other than that imposed by the games themselves.

I think that the current system works well, and that paid members get enough benefits over non-paying to justify the fees.
  9. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 11:13
    Ip logging would only work with static addresses - dynamic ip addresses would not help.

10. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 15:48
    like the others said that isnt efficient and you can block others from using that IP if its not a static address. Plus with IP routers it wouldnt do anything to static IP people anyway who wanted to sign up again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree