1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 21:57
    I thought I saw this brought up before, but I could'nt find the thread. I really really really want the ability to shut off ingame messages.

Nyxie
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 23:07
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    I thought I saw this brought up before, but I could'nt find the thread. I really really really want the ability to shut off ingame messages.

Nyxie
    If you see someone wrote something, don't read it! You can even cover it up with another browser window. You may also send them a message each move saying you don't read these messages.... sooner or later they will stop sending them... or keep sending them... either way, don't read them!

I will give a rec to your idea, as this is a needed feature. Just for now, don't read em!

P+
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 23:12
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If you see someone wrote something, don't read it! You can even cover it up with another browser window. You may also send them a message each move saying you don't read these messages.... sooner or later they will stop sending them... or keep sending them... either way, don't read them!

I will give a rec to your idea, as this is a needed feature. Just for now, don't read em!

P+
    It recently took seven messages from the opponent unanswered before this point was driven home. It would have been easier to just click something and turn it off. Thanks for the rec.

Nyxie
  4. Standard memberMangy Mooose
    a.k.a. Polar
    LasVegas via Alaska
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 10:211 edit
    a must have feature you get a rec for bringing that up

I for one enjoy game chat but there are those that dont and then there are those that get abusive in either case you should have the option to turn it off
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 14:02
    Added to the to do list. This can be done in the next month or two for sure. (It fits in with some other scheduled work)

-Russ
  6. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 15:36

Nyxie
    gets my rec though aside rom abuse I really don't get why some people have problems with a couple messages during games. I for one love to chat with my opponents and have met many friendly people on here because of it. Even with my personal feelings on it, it should be optional, glad Russ put it on his to do list. It should also let the opponent know that the player isnt accepting in game messages if they try to send one.
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 17:001 edit
    I've never had any problems with the ingame messages, but I can see where it would be nice to turn it off for some games. Hopefully, this will be implemented on a game by game basis and not just globally; a player might wish to block one player but not all.
    This would be a good feature, gets my (first) rec.
  8. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 18:52
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    gets my rec though aside rom abuse I really don't get why some people have problems with a couple messages during games. I for one love to chat with my opponents and have met many friendly people on here because of it. Even with my personal feelings on it, it should be optional, glad Russ put it on his to do list. It should also let the opponent know that the player isnt accepting in game messages if they try to send one.
    I love a good chat back and forth myself with friendly people. Not everyone on this site is friendly though.

Russ, thank you.

Nyxie
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 02:17
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I've never had any problems with the ingame messages, but I can see where it would be nice to turn it off for some games. Hopefully, this will be implemented on a game by game basis and not just globally; a player might wish to block one player but not all.
    This would be a good feature, gets my (first) rec.
    This is an important aspect of the feature. I wouldn't
    want to turn it off globally, but on a game-to-game basis
    might be nice.

Nemesio
  10. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 05:20
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is an important aspect of the feature. I wouldn't
    want to turn it off globally, but on a game-to-game basis
    might be nice.

Nemesio
    Of course, good point nemesio.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 05:33
    Of course, good point nemesio.
    I can take no credit; it was KK's point. I just repeated it.

Nemesio
  12. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 13:12
    Is it just game IMs that are the aim?

For a troublesome player, I would think a blocked user list would be more the thing: If you put somebody on your blocked user list, then all IMs and RHP messages are blocked and they cannot send you a game challenge.

As usual, I always want more...
  13. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 13:25
    Originally posted by Toe
    Is it just game IMs that are the aim?

For a troublesome player, I would think a blocked user list would be more the thing: If you put somebody on your blocked user list, then all IMs and RHP messages are blocked and they cannot send you a game challenge.

As usual, I always want more...
    Hey I remember this thread.....
  14. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 22:34

Nyxie
    This site is nothing like ICC... That's because the type of play is also nothing like the play at ICC, which is in REAL TIME. Hence, at this site all you have to do is either ignore a message, or reply with a message like this:
    "I prefer not to chat during our games."

I don't think anyone will continue to message you during the game if you tell them that.

15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 22:41
    Originally posted by arrakis
    This site is nothing like ICC... That's because the type of play is also nothing like the play at ICC, which is in REAL TIME. Hence, at this site all you have to do is either ignore a message, or reply with a message like this:
    "I prefer not to chat during our games."

I don't think anyone will continue to message you during the game if you tell them that.

I beg to differ. Once I sent an ingame message saying this to a player:
    Please refrain from any further in-game messages and/or PM's.

and he immediately sent another in-game message! Amazing how ignorant some people can be ain't it, Arrakis??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree