1. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 18:26
    I find the emails notifying you that your open invite game has been accepted or a tournament has started incredibly annoying. I check the site anyway to see if my games have started. As far as I can see there is no way to stop receiving these. I do like to see if a game has been deleted though, so any option to switch a combination of these email notifications off would be very much appreciated.
  2. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 21:44
    good idea
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 22:58
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    I find the emails notifying you that your open invite game has been accepted or a tournament has started incredibly annoying. I check the site anyway to see if my games have started. As far as I can see there is no way to stop receiving these. I do like to see if a game has been deleted though, so any option to switch a combination of these email notifications off would be very much appreciated.
    Just set up filters to move the mails that you don't want to thrash.

D
  4. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 23:22
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Just set up filters to move the mails that you don't want to thrash.

D
    Don't they all come from the same address though? I still want the 'game deleted' emails.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 23:47
    Don't they all come from the same address though? I still want the 'game deleted' emails.
    I don't remember what those e-mails look like, but I guess the same kind of notification may have the same subject line, so you could filter out e-mails with that subject line.
  6. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 23:591 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I don't remember what those e-mails look like, but I guess the same kind of notification may have the same subject line, so you could filter out e-mails with that subject line.
    Ahh yes, thank you for doing my thinking for me Nordlys 🙂

'Tis done, but the one problem is for tournament emails - I think they have the subject line 'Tournament x has started!'. If I get another email with the word tournament in the subject line I will lose it! And unfortunately Yahoo mail does not seem to allow you to have two separate strings to look for which will both be in the subject.

Still, next time I enter a tournament I will see exactly what the email says. It may be easier than I think now...

Many thanks again. *doesn't hug you*
  7. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 11:04
    You can click on my settings, then my site settings then turn off email notification through there
  8. The sky
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 16:49
    Many thanks again. *doesn't hug you*
    Hey thanks, I really appreciate that. 🙂
  9. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 16:51
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    You can click on my settings, then my site settings then turn off email notification through there
    That only turns off move notification. I was talking about something else.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 16:521 edit
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    That's only for move notifications. You will still get e-mails when an open invite gets accepted, a game gets deleted or a tournament you have entered has started, which is what mosquitorespect was talking about.

Edit: Oops, mosquitorespect was faster...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree