1. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61739
    22 Mar '05 23:36
    Just played some games at uchess, repeated the fricking position 15 times and didn't get a draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is that all about?????????????????????????? What the hell is the point in playing at a site that doesn't implement the rules properly?????!!!!!!!!
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    22 Mar '05 23:451 edit
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Just played some games at uchess, repeated the fricking position 15 times and didn't get a draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is that all about?????????????????????????? What the hell is the point in playing at a site that doesn't implement the rules properly?????!!!!!!!!
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    22 Mar '05 23:48
    Originally posted by Ravello
    uchess is crap,sorry Russ but it's reality.
    I think its just a bit neglected. To achieve the level of uchess on the first release is a great achievement. But, it does badly need a few things fixed/updated.

    D
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    22 Mar '05 23:54
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think its just a bit neglected. To achieve the level of uchess on the first release is a great achievement. But, it does badly need a few things fixed/updated.

    D
    hehe,you quoted it............
    Maybe I'm too harsh,but uchess misses a lot of features and Russ doesn't want to spend there a lot of his time and money,for his own admission.
    The forums are a mess also............
  5. Joined
    06 Jan '05
    Moves
    10685
    23 Mar '05 13:33
    What is the relationship between uchess and rhp anyway?
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    23 Mar '05 14:051 edit
    You are right. Plenty of work required. (And the 3 move repetition could be added very easily.)

    In fact, the only recent updates have been to help maintain law and order. A serious problem recently.

    The relationship between the uChess and RHP is that they are developed and maintained by the same people.

    -Russ
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    86119
    23 Mar '05 20:56
    Originally posted by Russ

    The relationship between the uChess and RHP is that they are developed and maintained by the same people.

    -Russ
    Russ,

    Are they seperate corporate entities?

    I don't play at uChess very often. I could live without it (NOT without RHP though). What I'd like to see with uChess is a tighter integration with RHP. Perhaps allowing RHP accounts on uChess (ie: my username would show up as tmetzler@RHP when logged into uChess).
    And a SEPERATE ROOM for rhp subscribers. [To keep out the riffraff 🙂 ]

    For this I would be willing to subscribe to uChess. Make it a "Super RHP Subscription" of sorts...

    --tmetzler
  8. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61739
    23 Mar '05 23:21
    Originally posted by Russ
    You are right. Plenty of work required. (And the 3 move repetition could be added very easily.)

    In fact, the only recent updates have been to help maintain law and order. A serious problem recently.

    The relationship between the uChess and RHP is that they are developed and maintained by the same people.

    -Russ
    Three move repetition is a rule. To have a site that doesn't enforce it is like having a chess site that doesn't recognise checkmate. It really needs to be done as uchess can't be taken seriously as a chess site if it doesn't enforce the rules of chess! Lecture complete, class dismissed 😛😉
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    24 Mar '05 00:214 edits
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Russ,

    Are they seperate corporate entities?

    I don't play at uChess very often. I could live without it (NOT without RHP though). What I'd like to see with uChess is a tighter integration with RHP. Perhaps allowing RHP accounts o ...[text shortened]... s. Make it a "Super RHP Subscription" of sorts...

    --tmetzler
    I would love to do great things with uChess, but the problem is this. I am but one man, and I already invest a huge number of hours into this site. My problem is my ambitions don't quite fit the time available... If any of my projects were at all profitable, I could probably get help in and just manage it, but as it is, it is me (and Chris) doing what we can.

    I think I can offer the most benefit to people if I continue to focus my attentions on RHP for now anyway. RHP already has the large established user base.

    -Russ
  10. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61739
    24 Mar '05 01:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    I would love to do great things with uChess, but the problem is this. I am but one man, and I already invest a huge number of hours into this site. My problem is my ambitions don't quite fit the time available... If any of my projects were at all profitable, I could probably get help in and just manage it, but as it is, it is me (and Chris) doing what we ca ...[text shortened]... y attentions on RHP for now anyway. RHP already has the large established user base.

    -Russ
    I think you've got your priorities right! Uchess 3 move rep really needs to be implemented though, along with 50 move rule (assuming that is'nt) 😉
Back to Top