1. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 16:061 edit
    Either Clan Leaders should be able to claim timeout wins in their clan challenge games, or there should be automatic timeouts as in tournament games.

I know some players might be willing to give their opponents more leeway than the challenge parameters, but as the clan leaders set or accept the conditions, they should be able to claim wins for games which go beyond those parameters.

I have 6 clan challenges in which there are games which could be timed out by my members, but they haven't claimed them. My clan has an unassailable lead in those challenges, and the result of those games will not affect the outcome of the challenge.

Is there some way for the challenge win to be registered (and points allocated), but also to allow the games to continue?

(This might also apply to challenges where the challenge win hangs on the timed-out game. But even in that case, if the games weren't completed under the challenge parameters, they should be forfeit anyway....)

EDIT: No, I'm not just whining; I think it's a fair proposal. I could lose some of my current challenges if certain timeouts were claimed against my own members... But at least it would finish those challenges.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 21:57
    I'm not a clan leader. I just stopped in because no one of my 220 opponents was moving. However, as one who ALWAYS takes the time out win as soon as the skull appears, I can say that I did grant a player an extra three weeks in a clan match - for a very good reason - he asked very nicely and said that he would understand if I took the win, but he had a very good reason for being away from the Net for 3 weeks. I just don't get why it's such a big deal. If your clan members aren't taking the wins, then maybe they have a good reason for it.
  3. Berks.
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 00:06
    Wasn't an automatic timeout introduced already?

It's much longer, 45 days, but there.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:04
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Either Clan Leaders should be able to claim timeout wins in their clan challenge games, or there should be automatic timeouts as in tournament games.

I know some players might be willing to give their opponents more leeway than the challenge parameters, but as the clan leaders set or accept the conditions, they should be able to claim wins for games which g ...[text shortened]... meouts were claimed against my own members... But at least it would finish those challenges.
    We play chess for fun.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:19
    He who plays the game decides when to resign or take skulls. No one else.

I'm a clan leader myself and I let my members play their games. I wouldn't think of anything else.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He who plays the game decides when to resign or take skulls. No one else.

I'm a clan leader myself and I let my members play their games. I wouldn't think of anything else.
    That's the best way for you to run your clan.

I would leave any clan that took control over my games.
  7. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 15:021 edit
    I think my main point was understood (because of the way I phrased it...).

I don't want the right to claim skulls, I just want the challenge finished.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 16:16
    Originally posted by c99ux
    I think my main point was understood (because of the way I phrased it...).
    c99ux wrote in his first posting of this thread:
    "Either Clan Leaders should be able to claim timeout wins in their clan challenge games, or there should be automatic timeouts as in tournament games."

I understood you perfectly.
    I don't think any other than the players themselves should be able to claim anything other than in their own games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree