1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 16:27
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Yes.

I don't care what he meant. The statement 'Most Americans don't vote at all' is not technically incorrect with respect to the last elections. I addressed this in the first paragraph of my post, why are you insisting? 😕
    We're going in different directions. Yes, it is technically correct that most Americans do not vote.

However..

😉
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 17:25
    Originally posted by Redmike
    can we have a separate, temporary forum for the US election, so we can get all the dross out of the debates forum?

Should only be needed for a couple of months - they should have sorted out the legal challenges and everything else by xmas.
    PLEASE DON"T DO THIS!!! I get enough election year garbage on TV, Radio, Internet etc. We already have lots of outlets for this. I log on to RHP to play chess, and get away from this bile!
    🙄
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 17:11
    Yes.

I don't care what he meant. The statement 'Most Americans don't vote at all' is not technically incorrect with respect to the last elections. I addressed this in the first paragraph of my post, why are you insisting? 😕
    In fact, every person in any North or South American country can be called "American" so you can say the percentage is even lower!
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 19:54
    Okay, just to put a cap on it, for all you diehards (or should I say fellow diehards?):

Voter turnout in this year's U.S. presidential election topped 125 million, according to unofficial estimates. The true figure will undoubtedly be higher.

The total number of eligible voters is 208 million, give or take a few.

We're in the vicinity of 60 percent. Most Americans do not vote, but the majority of those who can... do.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 09:221 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Okay, just to put a cap on it, for all you diehards (or should I say fellow diehards?):

Voter turnout in this year's U.S. presidential election topped 125 million, according to unofficial estimates. The true figure will undoubtedly be higher.

The total number of [b]eligible
    voters is 208 million, give or take a few.

We're in the vicinity of 60 percent. Most Americans do not vote, but the majority of those who can... do.[/b]
    More importantly, they made a (hopefully) great choice. 🙂 Congrats!
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 12:30
    More importantly, they made a (hopefully) great choice. 🙂 Congrats!
    Thanks! 🙂

Electing Barack Obama is the smartest thing Americans have done in many moons.

He's the right man for the right time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree