1. Joined
    09 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 10:22
    One thought for a possible feature that would be useful is the ability for use to mark their games in some way that appears on a column in their games lists. I know that I can make notes on a individual game. But there is no way for me to see my own thoughts on the main game lists. I know that real-estate on the main lists are very important so perhaps some kind of flags column would be possible. The user could then click a drop-down to select an icon from a predefined list and this would appear next to the game. The icons could be pretty much anything and the user could then attach their own meaning or perhaps there could be specific ones to indicate such things as games that are ahead, behind, fast movers or slow movers etc. I think this would be pretty usefull for those with larger game loads to quickly to keep track of things.
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 12:56
    Originally posted by TimBender
    One thought for a possible feature that would be useful is the ability for use to mark their games in some way that appears on a column in their games lists. I know that I can make notes on a individual game. But there is no way for me to see my own thoughts on the main game lists. I know that real-estate on the main lists are very important so perhaps s ...[text shortened]... his would be pretty usefull for those with larger game loads to quickly to keep track of things.
    Hmm, im not sure how this keeping track of things will help you? Would it be a tool for you to see in what games you want to make your next moves?
    I think most players (specially the onces with a high game load) select the games they want to play in by the time remaining for thier moves.

Why would it be usefull to know if your opponent is a fast or slow mover? Do you adjust your own playing-speed to your opponents?
    Why do you want to see in which games you are ahead or behind? You will see as soon as you are moving in them? Or do you adjust your playing-speed to slow if you are losing in games?

Games are already marked by what kind they are (next to the gameID): tournament, clanchallenge, clanleague, ladder, etc. For me personally thats enough.
    You could also create some folders for yourself "games in which im ahead", "games in which im losing", "games vs fast moves", etc.
  3. Joined
    09 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 21:16
    Well my thought for what its worth is not so much an automated system, but rather something that the user can select themselves - more of a summerised extention of the notes that one can make within a game to allow quick visual ordering of games within a list.

Agree that possible to create various lists of games (which I do) but can be a well perhaps a bit clunky maybe? I am sure that in the end we all order our game play by time remaining so no this I didn't think of it for this purpose. Though having said that if I am particuarly tied I do try to avoid games with complex or delicate positions. I thought it as more of a way to differentiate games within a list ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree