1. Joined
    27 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '07 05:54
    Why not a minimum vacation period of 8 days? That way it could only be used 4 times per year. One of the guys I am playing is treating it as a timebank and moving regularly in other games...
  2. Joined
    27 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 03:52
    ... and 7 opponents of my 20 games are on holiday... fantastic.
  3. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 16:56
    Originally posted by tjmarti
    so... wait for them to return and continue your games
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 17:371 edit
    Why not a minimum vacation period of 8 days? That way it could only be used 4 times per year. One of the guys I am playing is treating it as a timebank and moving regularly in other games...
    So there will be no going to the cape for the weekend, eh sparky? If they want to waste their days like they are, it's their option to do so.

P-
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 00:011 edit
    Why not make more? Look at me, I have 180 games in progress! 😀
  6. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 06:361 edit
    I have 241 games in progess! 😀 😀
  7. Joined
    27 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 01:17
    Thanks for the advice. But a couple of rejoiners:
    a) from my small-sample survey, those players with large nos of games are either savants or may be sacrificing quality for quantity
    b) these bloody tournaments have a habit of starting when you dont expect so you end with even more games ...
    & so if these people came back from "holiday", chess would take over my life, or, even worse, my rating would suffer...
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 13:21
    Yep, another player has the following message in his profile

Yes, i'm making some moves but i can't take my flag down until i've cleared the red clocks. Please be patient, i'll be up to date in a couple of days hopefully...

A total abuse of the vacation system to extend timelimits to make moves.
  9. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 21:54
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yep, another player has the following message in his profile

[b]Yes, i'm making some moves but i can't take my flag down until i've cleared the red clocks. Please be patient, i'll be up to date in a couple of days hopefully...

A total abuse of the vacation system to extend timelimits to make moves.[/b]
    It isn't abuse of the system. Those red clocks could all be cause by having been on a legit vacation, and anyway, he only has so many days per year to do that, it isn't like people can be on vacation every time they see a red clock.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree