1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 May '09 15:42
    Originally posted by sbacat
    How about an auto-skull feature in your preferences? If you've clicked that, then the instant a skull shows up in an opponent's game, the system claims it for you. The way it is now, you have to be online to see the skull and claim it.

I don't care how many vacation days he has left if the system will claim the skull for me the moment it shows.
    I think this has been suggested before and knocked back on the basis that some people don't want to autoskull in all games they play.

Sometimes you are playing friendly games and don't want to skull them even if the skull appears.

However I think the option should be on all games with the ability to remove it from any games you do not wish to autoskull.
  2. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 May '09 16:28
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Many would say I don't function at all.

I am not against site improvements, I just don't see how knowing how much vacation time your opponent has left makes any difference.
    Why should it be hidden? Even if the gain would be insignificant or non-existent - what could you lose? I really don't care one way or another (and that is why I can see no reason to hide the information.) How about not even showing the vacation flag? The skull appears or doesn't.
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    25 May '09 22:01
    Originally posted by sbacat
    How about an auto-skull feature in your preferences? If you've clicked that, then the instant a skull shows up in an opponent's game, the system claims it for you. The way it is now, you have to be online to see the skull and claim it.

I don't care how many vacation days he has left if the system will claim the skull for me the moment it shows.
    I like the auto-skull idea, but would like to be able to rstrict it to tournament/clan games so that friendly matches aren't effected.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 May '09 04:11
    Originally posted by surtism
    I like the auto-skull idea, but would like to be able to rstrict it to tournament/clan games so that friendly matches aren't effected.
    That seems like a good default behavior for an auto-skull feature. It can leave open invites alone.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 May '09 09:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It can leave open invites alone.
    Why?

I'd like to see it employed in all games. [maybe have a choice when starting the games]
  6. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    26 May '09 18:42
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Why?

I'd like to see it employed in all games. [maybe have a choice when starting the games]
    So your choice in prefs would be something like:

A. Skull all games
    B. Skull all games except my buddies list
    C. Skull no games automatically
    D. Ask me (either at the start of the game or a specific ingame toggle)
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 May '09 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Why?

Some people want the option of turning it off for friendly games. Those are primarily open invites, or challenges.

I'm in favor of having the option to auto-skull open invites/challenges. I just think it should be turned 'off' by default.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 May '09 21:30
    why are we auto skulling games?

if you're playing an otb game is the game automatically over once someones time runs out or do you have to claim the win?

i know this isn't otb but.......
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 May '09 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    why are we auto skulling games?

if you're playing an otb game is the game automatically over once someones time runs out or do you have to claim the win?

i know this isn't otb but.......
    Try "going on vacation" OTB.

Auto-skull sounds like a good idea; timed sites like ICC and FICS allow you an auto-flag option. If you don't want it, don't use it. It might not be all that easy to program the exceptions some people want, however.
  10. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 17:16
    anything decided on vacation day public info or not? Because i was playing in a 0/21 tourny and had 2 games left i had around 2 days and my opponent had 0 and had his vacation set. I think i should know how many days he has left, as to is there a point in using my last 10 days if he had 20 days left?

ps i got timed out in both 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree