1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 13:00
    Can we have a line in a players profile :

vacation days used until today: xx day(s)

the we would have at least some information, if we can't have an information about how amny days have been booked.

Cheers
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 16:06
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Can we have a line in a players profile :

vacation days used until today: xx day(s)

the we would have at least some information, if we can't have an information about how amny days have been booked.

Cheers
    The idea would make far more than just good sense for many members here, but an equal number consider flag time as a subscriber benefit to do far more than the 'legitimate use' of protecting their game load when there is a GENUINE need...these subscribers consider flag time as little more than a part of their 'chess arsenal', blockading everything they've entered and elongating \ ruining tourney's for many. Such ABuse is plainly unfair, therefore it does indeed make good sense to let EVERYONE know just how long their flag abuse can continue...I agree to listing days left of the holiday flag, it won't bother any subscriber if their flag days are genuine !?
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 16:35
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    The idea would make far more than just good sense for many members here, but an equal number consider flag time as a subscriber benefit to do far more than the 'legitimate use' of protecting their game load when there is a GENUINE need...these subscribers consider flag time as little more than a part of their 'chess arsenal', blockading everything they'v ...[text shortened]... ft of the holiday flag, it won't bother any subscriber if their flag days are genuine !?
    i've been an advocate for vacation flag reforms from the beginning. i don't use V days as a strategy but i see that it can seem like it. i favor full display of the scheduled days AND protection for BOTH players when one is on vacation. Phlabs will now blast me..
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 17:52
    Originally posted by coquette
    i've been an advocate for vacation flag reforms from the beginning. i don't use V days as a strategy but i see that it can seem like it. i favor full display of the scheduled days AND protection for BOTH players when one is on vacation. Phlabs will now blast me..
    I've taken more note of this issue after personally witnessing just how 'crafty' some of the flag abusers can be. I had a long time frame game, running for 16mths with barely 30moves completed, and that my oppositions shenanigans could really upset other people here. He'd basically create all 21 \ 28 games and CAREFULLY throw his flag out to ensure he was making ALL his moves in one somewhat brief sitting. He had 16ongoing, all the same time frame, when I took a game with him...alas I didn't check his history when I took this game but I'd had enough when I sat down and finally noted his 'tactics'. Although I jumped at the chance to beat him at his own waiting game, after sending back my final move I had to wait for 55days before his flag lapsed.. finally killing the game...I actually had a PM from one of his other opponents, a non subscriber asking, 'do you know how long his flag can stay out, he's totally ruining one of my game slots ?' I suggested resigning the game 'if you just want to play your full allotment'...sadly he left the site not long afterwards, maybe he just got tired of such flag abusers...
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 08:57
    I've taken more note of this issue after personally witnessing just how 'crafty' some of the flag abusers can be. I had a long time frame game, running for 16mths with barely 30moves completed, and that my oppositions shenanigans could really upset other people here. He'd basically create all 21 \ 28 games and CAREFULLY throw his flag out to ensure he wa ...[text shortened]... left the site not long afterwards, maybe he just got tired of such flag abusers...
    Wait...why is a 55-day delay shocking in a game with a 21/28 time control? Why do people agree to this time control if they can't go 49 days with nothing happening in the game?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 15:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Wait...why is a 55-day delay shocking in a game with a 21/28 time control? Why do people agree to this time control if they can't go 49 days with nothing happening in the game?
    Read the note entire, it wasn't the timeframe that bothered 'the likes of me', I'm a subscriber and could wait, it was his tactic of making all his moves in one sitting ( in 16games, and most were non subs )...after 12mths it became somewhat 'noticeable' that he'd frequent the site just to calculate what extra time he needed to play all in a few mins...I think this is an abuse of the 'holiday' flag itself ?
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 22:24
    Read the note entire, it wasn't the timeframe that bothered 'the likes of me', I'm a subscriber and could wait, it was his tactic of making all his moves in one sitting ( in 16games, and most were non subs )...after 12mths it became somewhat 'noticeable' that he'd frequent the site just to calculate what extra time he needed to play all in a few mins...I think this is an abuse of the 'holiday' flag itself ?
    i don't even think that's the worst abuse

I recall being a non-sub with my 6 games

I was playing one player who is still active - i won't mention his name just to be polite, and, in truth, he may have grown up some over the past five years or so

anyway, i had him where he moves and the next move is mate

he freezes and doesn't move waiting for the clock to run out

i'm a non-sub, so one of my 6 games is tied up and i only have 5 active games for several weeks

i graciously suggest to him that it's mate after his move and politely ask if he wouldn't mind please making his move as i only had 6 total games to play

he answered that he was near an all time rating peak and that's why he was delaying the move

i saw the stupidity of manipulating ratings and the frustrations of the clock system for non-subs

i joined and got over it

i despise immature clock players

to this day i grab a skull every time one appears
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 01:39
    Well, the entire 'note' is not very clear. I'm not following what his 'tactics' were and why it was a bad thing that he made all his moves in one sitting, or how the vacation flag allowed to him to gain anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree