1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 23:44
    I think it is totally illogical that a player who wants to play in a clan league competition is not allowed to do so because he happens to be on vacation on the day that the league starts.
    What difference does it make?
    He could be eligible for a league competition and then go on vacation for the next 36 days after it starts.
    The only rule that follows this "logic???" is to impose a restriction which stops you going on vacation once you are playing in a league!!
    Come on Russ.
    Are we trying to promote the leagues or not?
    This sort of thing will just put people off.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 23:55
    Originally posted by venda
    I think it is totally illogical that a player who wants to play in a clan league competition is not allowed to do so because he happens to be on vacation on the day that the league starts.
    What difference does it make?
    He could be eligible for a league competition and then go on vacation for the next 36 days after it starts.
    The only rule that follows this ...[text shortened]... s.
    Are we trying to promote the leagues or not?
    This sort of thing will just put people off.
    Ditto Dave, I planned on creating a new thread with this in mind..you beat me by minutes but I'll include it word for word below !

More and more clan leaders are frustrated because they are unable to enter their teams as a player is flying their vacation flag at the time of a league start up. They may well have been included in a team weeks before the start of a league but when I try to edit my team I am told I cannot enter anyone flying a flag. I cannot enter anyone that is at the end of their holiday flag time, even though they EXPECT to play. We are effectively excluding players from the leagues simply because their flag is evident for the start of the said leagues...their flag may well be evident for mere hours after the start of a league, it may well be a few days but surely it's not right to make them unavailable. Yes, I can understand the reasoning behind the sites restrictions but we do need need to address this urgently...we need ALL the clans we can muster for the leagues, can we not make it easier for clan leaders though ? Therefore I'd like to offer a suggestion:

Where we have the 'league clan' under 'my clan settings,' would it be possible to have a tick box for 'available at all times' ..with a cautionary note indicating it will make us available for leagues even with the holiday flag evident...??
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 11:40
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Ditto Dave, I planned on creating a new thread with this in mind..you beat me by minutes but I'll include it word for word below !

More and more clan leaders are frustrated because they are unable to enter their teams as a player is flying their vacation flag at the time of a league start up. They may well have been included in a team weeks before the ...[text shortened]... ndicating it will make us available for leagues even with the holiday flag evident...??
    Ok Dean, your suggestion has merit, but I know that people get confused with settings and tick boxes.
    You only have to look in the help forum(as I know you do) at some of the basic questions people ask to realise this.
    I'm not sure an extra option is the answer.
    A far simpler solution would be just to allow a player to play in the league when he's on vacation.
    Nobody has explained to me yet why this isn't allowed.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 12:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 12:53
    Originally posted by venda
    Ok Dean, your suggestion has merit, but I know that people get confused with settings and tick boxes.
    You only have to look in the help forum(as I know you do) at some of the basic questions people ask to realise this.
    I'm not sure an extra option is the answer.
    A far simpler solution would be just to allow a player to play in the league when he's on vacation.
    Nobody has explained to me yet why this isn't allowed.
    Quite true Dave, folk do get confused with settings and such but once it's brought to their attention it does the job more than adequately. Every clan leader would \ could understand the process and guide their members if they have problems selecting...I think we've all been there ??
    The idea of not allowing further games under the flag is to literally halt someone's game load, clan leaders can't add to this when on holiday...think about that, if you can add them on your league team then the unscrupulous leader can also add myriad challenges also, IF no restrictions. That's why I sought the distinction of allowing a leagues only tick box that FINALLY allows us to make a player available to add to a team...Remembering also that it SHOULD be a process to select this feature, you can only add it once you fully understand it by implication... for clarity I repeat the idea \ process here:

Request to allow clan members to be included in leagues whilst on holiday...is it possible to add a tick box to the chosen league clan...
    Hit 'my settings' to get to 'league clan' under 'my clan settings'.... concluding the process by ticking a box to be 'available at all times' for leagues, with the caution added that it includes holiday periods.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Quite true Dave, folk do get confused with settings and such but once it's brought to their attention it does the job more than adequately. Every clan leader would \ could understand the process and guide their members if they have problems selecting...I think we've all been there ??
    The idea of not allowing further games under the flag is to literally all times' for leagues, with the caution added that it includes holiday periods.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Your suggestion would also be helpful for players who wanted to play in a league but didn't want any clan challenge games, provided their icon showed this somehow.
    Under the present set up if their icon is "grayed out" I don't believe they can be selected for any games -league or otherwise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree