1. Standard memberJDK2
    Trainee Party Animal
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 11:43
    An idea implemented on another site (ICCF Webchess) that could be good here?

Each ID/Player has a calendar and is able to select 30 days holiday a year, when player A is on holiday the game goes on hold (which means that player B cannot make a move on his game with player A). All clocks are also stopped for that game.

When player A's holiday allocation runs out then his clock starts again.

It means that player B cannot time out player A when he is on vacation but player A cannot abuse the vacation flag with only 30 days available per year.

Any thoughts, bad idea or good idea?
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 12:52
    Originally posted by JDK2
    An idea implemented on another site (ICCF Webchess) that could be good here?

Each ID/Player has a calendar and is able to select 30 days holiday a year, when player A is on holiday the game goes on hold (which means that player B cannot make a move on his game with player A). All clocks are also stopped for that game.

When player A's holiday allocation ...[text shortened]... the vacation flag with only 30 days available per year.

Well that's very similar to what the site admin are currently proposing:-

Thread 50850

Don't forget to vote!
  3. Standard memberJDK2
    Trainee Party Animal
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 15:11
    Thanks David. Just a few hours after writing the post I see I have two votes waiting for me.

Here's hoping ... 🙂
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 23:18
    Originally posted by JDK2

Bad idea - if it's compulsory.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree