Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 10 Feb '12 18:47
    I am not sure if I am missing something, but if you select a player and want to see how they are doing in a tournament, I am not sure how you can do this - a tourney view always shows the first group. Good example is the 2012 Club Championship: how can I find out how a specific person is doing? Thanks. D
  2. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    11 Feb '12 15:05
    Originally posted by silentknights
    I am not sure if I am missing something, but if you select a player and want to see how they are doing in a tournament, I am not sure how you can do this - a tourney view always shows the first group. Good example is the 2012 Club Championship: how can I find out how a specific person is doing? Thanks. D
    Not sure what you mean but I hope this helps:-
    I clicked on your name from this thread.
    Then public games , in progress.
    Un-tick mini boards and then "search"
    All your current games have an icon at the side showing what type of games they are.
    I then clicked your game against haufpunk.
    If you then click on the tournament -(in this case Sept 2011 sprint duel 64 II) it shows all the groups and players.
    For club tournaments I would think you have to be in that club to view the info.
  3. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    11 Feb '12 23:20
    I see what you mean now about the championship tournament.
    I can't find a way either!!
    I suppose you've only got to "find" the player once and make a note of the group he or she is in but I agree there should be a way to look without having to search.
    Trouble is of course the group numbers change as tournaments progress.
    An interesting problem!!
  4. 16 Feb '12 09:02
    Yes, it is about the context of the search... when going into s tournament, the application needs to know what player you are interested in. Usually this isnt a problem, but I am interested in how certain players are doing in the 2012 Club Champ, but I am not sure how this can be done. D
  5. 16 Feb '12 13:08
    Find the group the person is in and then bookmark that page.

You just then click on that bookmark and it takes you straight to the group in question.