1. uk
    Moves
    02 Feb '05 15:43
    i propose a limit on the number of games a player is entitled to play.

apparently, some players take on such a number of games, that at some point, they can only resign a couple of them with no further reason other than they can't handle it.

just don't forward yourself to play.
    as you don't, than maybe someone has to stop you from doing it.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Feb '05 02:27
    Originally posted by ulysses soul
    i propose a limit on the number of games a player is entitled to play.

apparently, some players take on such a number of games, that at some point, they can only resign a couple of them with no further reason other than they can't handle it.

just don't forward yourself to play.
    as you don't, than maybe someone has to stop you from doing it.
    Tell that to players who routinely have huge game loads but don't resign any. I don't know how they do it but they do.

There are options in your settings to limit the amount of games you can take on at one time. Set those at what you feel comfortable playing and then don't touch them again.
  3. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '05 19:28
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Tell that to players who routinely have huge game loads but don't resign any. I don't know how they do it but they do.

There are options in your settings to limit the amount of games you can take on at one time. Set those at what you feel comfortable playing and then don't touch them again.
    I think he's referring to a certain person who when you play him is rated 1800+, but as soon as you have a winning position he RESIGNS 50 GAMES! So even if you have 3 winning games out of 4 you're going to lose MASSIVE rating points! Yeah, a certain someone just did that to me. I refuse to play him anymore.

4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Feb '05 19:45
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I think he's referring to a certain person who when you play him is rated 1800+, but as soon as you have a winning position he RESIGNS 50 GAMES! So even if you have 3 winning games out of 4 you're going to lose MASSIVE rating points! Yeah, a certain someone just did that to me. I refuse to play him anymore.

A certain someone has done that every single time he's played me; I won't play him willingly but since he enters every freakin tournament it's hard to completely avoid him. I hope I've shielded his identity enough that he doesn't post one of his hissy fits.😠
  5. uk
    Moves
    06 Feb '05 20:32
    ah at last

you see arrakis

i question here a certain resignation on the fourh move.
    i remember it was against you.

i thought something was not right, there.

i was told that the player in question just had lots of games and could not cope.

now, it seems, there is a method behind that

6. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '05 22:36
    ah at last

you see arrakis

i question here a certain resignation on the fourh move.
    i remember it was against you.

i thought something was not right, there.

i was told that the player in question just had lots of games and could not cope.

now, it seems, there is a method behind that

Well, first of all, you've never played a game against me!

Secondly, when you want to refer to a game you should post the game ID with your message.

Don't know who it was that resigned in 4 moves, if anybody.
  7. uk
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 00:12
    arrakis vs ggoulam

Sjofn tournament
  8. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 00:30
    arrakis vs ggoulam

Sjofn tournament
    Sorry, I misread your post.

Yeah, ggoulam resigned for no apparent reason in only 4 moves.
  9. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 11:131 edit
    That certain person (not named above) has recently done it again. But it is very difficult to make a blanket provision about the maximum number of games, without adversely affecting those MAP players who do have the integrity to complete their games.

Also scorning said person has absolutely no effect - he simply revels in the notoriety.

However, I for one find this kind of behaviour to be an sad abuse of the site, and a lack of respect and consideration to fellow players.

Maybe it does not fall into the "cheating" category, but why shouldn't this also be something for the game mods to tackle?

When you enter into a game, I do believe there is an unwritten contract to play to the best of your ability, and barring unforeseen circumstances complete the game within the given timeframe. Clearly not an enforceable contract, but when it is broken arbitrarily time and time again, for no other reason than "lowering my games", some corrective action needs to be taken.

10. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 11:39
    hey hey hey .....

get you sights clear dudes ....

on a personal note : ggoulam has reliably taught me many lessons on-time (i just wish i learnt from them )

more universally: ggoulam has won far more games than lost, most of the big timeout kings lose way more games than they win.

i think you have an issue here, but it is not so much with ggoulam ... just a general concept.
  11. uk
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 11:52
    thats right

this was only an example
  12. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 18:42
    Resticting the number of games wont solve the problem raised. A person can still resign X games to reduce their rating if they are that way inclined.

It does take all sorts to make the world go round.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 21:54
    I say if you are playing a person and they resign, you should get the win! That would be a good solution.

P
  14. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 22:50
    Originally posted by flexmore
    hey hey hey .....

get you sights clear dudes ....

on a personal note : ggoulam has reliably taught me many lessons on-time (i just wish i learnt from them )

more universally: ggoulam has won far more games than lost, most of the big timeout kings lose way more games than they win.

i think you have an issue here, but it is not so much with ggoulam ... just a general concept.
    Gatekeeper wasn't talking about ggoulam. Nor was I when I was complaining about my opponent resigning 50 games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree