Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 24 Oct '13 14:33
    there should be a provision for groups of players to participate in a vote chess game
  2. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    25 Oct '13 10:34
    We did this in my clan(we called it consultation game). iw ould advise to play that in clans or groups. For a sitewide game a lot of things would be necessary.

    Feel free to pm me if you are interested in a consultation game against the Crazy Aquarists. ( unrated at very least 7/7 )
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    25 Oct '13 12:30
    Right now, we can't support this.

    If the idea is well supported though, I'm sure we can work around the issues I'm aware of that prevent us adding it as a feature.
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    25 Oct '13 20:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there should be a provision for groups of players to participate in a vote chess game
    I think you are talking about something we did in the M.U.T.I club a while since via the club forum.
    2 groups of players would set up a challenge(obviously from the captain of each side) with team members who would discuss the moves on a forum thread before the captain made the move in the game.
    All the team members could not of course look on the opposition teams thread.
  5. 28 Oct '13 20:07
    Originally posted by Russ
    Right now, we can't support this.

    If the idea is well supported though, I'm sure we can work around the issues I'm aware of that prevent us adding it as a feature.
    get your game on dude!
  6. 28 Oct '13 20:09
    Originally posted by venda
    I think you are talking about something we did in the M.U.T.I club a while since via the club forum.
    2 groups of players would set up a challenge(obviously from the captain of each side) with team members who would discuss the moves on a forum thread before the captain made the move in the game.
    All the team members could not of course look on the opposition teams thread.
    chess.com have it as a feature, you must choose one side or the other, if you leave the game, you cannot join the other side and can only view the comments of your own team. Its not without flaws, people do drive by voting, the simply vote without consultation, its quite annoying. I played a vote chess game against Vishy Anand, with about 200 other people, the game was drawn