Votes

SubscriberC J Horse
Site Ideas 12 Nov '09 17:40
  1. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 17:40
    I see there's a current poll re chess variants. It's been going for almost two months, yet only has 206 votes. Wouldn't it be a good idea to message all subs to say there is a vote on every time one starts?

I couldn't find another thread on this, but someone is almost certainly going to give me a link to one. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor search abilities.🙂
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 18:01
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    I see there's a current poll re chess variants. It's been going for almost two months, yet only has 206 votes. Wouldn't it be a good idea to message all subs to say there is a vote on every time one starts?

I couldn't find another thread on this, but someone is almost certainly going to give me a link to one. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor search abilities.🙂
    I've now voted. This is also the first I've heard of this vote being open.

P-
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 18:14
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 18:18
    [b] It's been going for almost two months, yet only has 206 votes. Wouldn't it be a good idea to message all subs to say there is a vote on every time one starts?

b]
    I agree with you!

I voted back some time ago on it, but I don't recall any message being sent about the VOTE. I just happened to be checking around and noticed it.
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 20:24
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I just happened to be checking around and noticed it.
    Heh?
    Checking around as in looking into certain forums (Announcements in this case) for new threads?
    Or playing alot of games in which you were able to check your opponents King?:p

Good idea btw.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 20:572 edits

Follow this link: [vid]17[/vid]
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 06:35
    I agree completely. If there is an announcement from the Admins or a vote or anything else of that nature, it should appear highlighted in some way in the Announcement forums. That is, the Announcement forum can be "tagged" in some way, as can the relevant thread in the forum. The tag would go away once the link was opened.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 09:16
    It's all part of the bigger problem, which is that the Announcements forum is mixed in with all the other forums, and the majority of players on the site rarely or never visit the forums at all. Announcements really belongs on the page to which every site visitor arrives, i.e. the page with the recent checkmates on it. OK, regulars will bookmark to go straight to MyGames, but that's their choice and they may decide it's worth bookmarking to arrive at the *News* page instead.

I am tired of having to keep my opponents informed of new things on the site, and I'm sure many other forum participants are too.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 13:19
    I never heard or checked re a vote. I only discover by chance. There should be an automated message, only right & fair

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree