Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 05 Jan '15 23:37
    This has probably come up before; but why is it not possible to run "votes" anymore? This facility would add some extra interest to the forums.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    06 Jan '15 06:12 / 1 edit
    The votes system seems to be still functioning, even if it hasn't been used for years. Are you referring to the consultation votes (about site changes) or the other votes page (which seems to be used rarely)? I don't even know how a vote item is raised.
  3. 06 Jan '15 09:06
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The votes system seems to be still functioning, even if it hasn't been used for years. Are you referring to the consultation votes (about site changes) or the other votes page (which seems to be used rarely)? I don't even know how a vote item is raised.
    Yes, there was even a vote on movies once.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    06 Jan '15 12:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This facility would add some extra interest to the forums.
    Site consultation vote required!

Seriously though, we use "home brew" forum software, and I could probably hack this in - but I'm not convinced it would be that useful.
  5. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    13 Jan '15 04:13
    Originally posted by Russ
    Site consultation vote required!

Seriously though, we use "home brew" forum software, and I could probably hack this in - but I'm not convinced it would be that useful.
    i'd weigh in with a comment on this, but i think that would cross the line as a vote