1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 20:15
    say that you are a low wage worker from Africa that earns equivalent to .10USD/day, and say you work 300 days/year, which means you earn 30USD/year. But now you want to subscribe to RHP, however RHP requires 29.95USD + tax > 30USD/year, which means you can't afford to subscribe to this site for eternity (assuming the country's currency ratio won't change). So Russ, how would you deal with this kind of problem that many of us low wage working class chess enthusiats have? you think you can lower the fee?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 20:52
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    say that you are a low wage worker from Africa that earns equivalent to .10USD/day, and say you work 300 days/year, which means you earn 30USD/year. But now you want to subscribe to RHP, however RHP requires 29.95USD + tax > 30USD/year, which means you can't afford to subscribe to this site for eternity (assuming the country's currency ratio won't change). ...[text shortened]... hat many of us low wage working class chess enthusiats have? you think you can lower the fee?
    How is such a person going to afford an internet connection and a PC?

Subscribe NOW - the rate you sub at stays the same year on year.
    Delay and Pay. You KNOW it makes sense.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 20:58
    say that you are a low wage worker from Africa that earns equivalent to .10USD/day, and say you work 300 days/year, which means you earn 30USD/year. But now you want to subscribe to RHP, however RHP requires 29.95USD + tax > 30USD/year, which means you can't afford to subscribe to this site for eternity (assuming the country's currency ratio won't change). ...[text shortened]... hat many of us low wage working class chess enthusiats have? you think you can lower the fee?
    I have just reviewed your public posts and you appear to have a very strong grasp of the english language.
    This leads me to think that you are far from a lowly paid worker so as already suggested pay the going rate and stop using the poor of the world to save you a few $$
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 21:13
    I am certain that anyone in that position will not be worrying about playing chess online.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 21:59
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I have just reviewed your public posts and you appear to have a very strong grasp of the english language.
    This leads me to think that you are far from a lowly paid worker so as already suggested pay the going rate and stop using the poor of the world to save you a few $$
    That is quite a blinkered view you have there. Just because someone can type English properly does not mean that they're necessarily tutored in England.
    I myself am a non-native speaker. When I left my native home and travelled to London it was only with the thesaurus and dictionary that my late uncle left me that I was able to learn enough grammar to speak English properly at the level I currently enjoy.

It is not the tongue of the wife of my father and yet converse to make myself level I feel most able. Think not you?
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 22:33
    Originally posted by orangutan
    That is quite a blinkered view you have there. Just because someone can type English properly does not mean that they're necessarily tutored in England.
    I myself am a non-native speaker. When I left my native home and travelled to London it was only with the thesaurus and dictionary that my late uncle left me that I was able to learn enough grammar to spe ...[text shortened]... of the wife of my father and yet converse to make myself level I feel most able. Think not you?
    What an a$$hole. Read my comments correctly before you wrongly judge.
    I stated that in my opinion - his level of english made it unlikely that he had a job that was paying meagre wages 😛
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 01:33
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    What an a$$hole. Read my comments correctly before you wrongly judge.
    I stated that in my opinion - his level of english made it unlikely that he had a job that was paying meagre wages 😛
    It isn't his fault, best to feel sorry for him. He doesn't have much going for him, and is also a PFC'er. 😉 He also thinks his poo don't smell bad. 😉 😠
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 08:26
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    It isn't his fault, best to feel sorry for him. He doesn't have much going for him, and is also a PFC'er. 😉 He also thinks his poo don't smell bad. 😉 😠
    My poo smells like daisies... planted next to a sewage plant.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 11:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 12:211 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I want to know WHY you have a rabbit on your avatar.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 12:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I want to know WHY you have a rabbit on your avatar.
    He doesn't, its a hare 😛
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 13:12
    Originally posted by adramforall
    He doesn't, its a hare 😛
    He shouldn't listen to his mother and go cut his hare.
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 13:30

14. The sky
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 14:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Are you opposed to the thinking, to the implications or to us being a different species from rabbits?
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 14:46

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree