1. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    07 Nov '04 06:39
    Russ,

Would it be possible to arrange the waiting games in the order of "time-left" for the next move.

I was just T/O by a lower ranked player 4 times while I was making moves.

Harri / Luck
  2. DonationReelEmInReid
    Just lost
    London
    Moves
    07 Nov '04 11:56
    Originally posted by Luck
    Russ,

Would it be possible to arrange the waiting games in the order of "time-left" for the next move.

I was just T/O by a lower ranked player 4 times while I was making moves.

Harri / Luck
    This would get my vote as the number one possible improvement. Either rank the games on the my games page according to least time left until using the timebank or least time left until the game is flaggable. Or perhaps make this part of the next game functionality.

If you have plenty of games, it is hard to see which are the ones you should concentrate on first.

John.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    07 Nov '04 13:19
    @ReelEmInReid: give him a "rec" (recommondation)! 🙂
    You can arrage games by time-left in your MyGames list by clicking on "alert"
    th
  4. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 09:041 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    th
    But that will not have an effect on which game you are taken to when you click the go to next game in the board window, or?

The rec is mine, ReelEmInReid you should too!
  5. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 09:14
    there is already a thread about this
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=15737

but that was a MAJOR thing sorting games by time left!
  6. London
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 22:49
    Don't forget you can also set which page you go to after you move, so you can choose to return to 'My Games' each time instead of going to the next waiting game. That way, if 'My Games' is sorted by 'next alert', then you will see which game you should go to next.

Another option is to use a tabbed browser, such as Safari on the Mac or Firefox anywhere, and open all the urgent games in tabs before you start making moves.

I must admit that I'm not in the same league as Harri for number of games, so maybe what I do won't work for him. By the way, I'd say Harri is an ideal opponent - plays fast whether he's winning or losing and doesn't have massive ratings swings. (Of course the fact he gave me two good games without actually winning was nice too 😀 )
  7. DonationReelEmInReid
    Just lost
    London
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 23:29
    Originally posted by thire
    th
    Hey thanks, I never saw that. So does that sort by time left ignoring the timebank or time left first then by timebank?

The same thing in the next game functionality woould be good.

John.
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Nov '04 15:56
    Originally posted by ReelEmInReid
    Hey thanks, I never saw that. So does that sort by time left ignoring the timebank or time left first then by timebank?

The same thing in the next game functionality woould be good.

John.
    I don't know how it sorts exactly. Try it out or search Russ's thread where he explained it.
    Anyway it should be better documentated.
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree